April 16, 2024, 11:04:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Installed Update 1.2.1 - now the trouble started....  (Read 2665 times)

Infiltrator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Installed Update 1.2.1 - now the trouble started....
« on: May 30, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »
Hi dear Arturia team.....

I have just updated my Origin to the newest OS 1.2.1
Now I have in almost every preset loud crackling/clipping sounds..... sounds a little bit as if some of the sounds are distorted or something similiar. This only happened after I uploaded the new OS. Before I had no problems with crackling/clipping sounds.

Another thing that I can't work my head around is the changes in the Multimode.
When I set Slot 1 to Midi Channel 1 and then open a second slot for a second different sound and set the Midi channel in the second slot to 2 the Midi Channel in the first slot also changes to Midi Channel 2... why? How can I have Slot 1 with idi Channel 1 and Slot 2 with Midi channel 2???

In the settings you can make the Origin "remember" the last used preset. When switched to "ON" my Origin unfortunately doesn't remember the last used preset when turned off and on again. Why?

Thanks for your help..... I don't want to install the older OS on my Origin to solve those problems....

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: Installed Update 1.2.1 - now the trouble started....
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:25:14 pm »
Regarding the midi channel "problem". it's because you have to set different zone (A, B, C or D) for each sound if you want a different midi channel, just have a look right near the channel little box.

Regarding last preset memory and sound quality, it's working great  in my home studio.  maybe you should try, at least, to update again with the last OS (without having to put the old one)......

Infiltrator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 12:19:27 pm »
thank you.
regarding the midi channels:
I have seen the Midi Zones and tried different settings, however, I still can't manage to use different midi channels for different slots.
Could you advise in detail about this?

re: the crackling noises:
I'll wait for a reply from Arturia (Philwick for example) and if there is nothing else to do I will upload the new OS again to see if it eliminates those problems.

Thanks!

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 01:21:51 pm »
Hi Infiltrator,
the crackling/clipping noises you hear are probably a bug that we noticed in the last version, that happen only on auxiliary outputs. Can you confirm you are using the Aux outs? A new version which will correct this (among other things) will be released next week. In the meantime, the "main" and "phones" outputs should work well.

About the slots/zones:
- the easy way: you can just use the "config" menu and select "multi-timbral" (this option will be called "multi-channel" in the next version for more clarity).
- the less easy way: each slot is associated to a keyboard zone, which also has a MIDI channel. If you want 2 slots on 2 Midi channels, just activate 2 zones, for example A and B, then assign Slot1 to zone A and slot2 to zone B, then set the MIDI channel of the zone A, then set the MIDI channel of the zone B.
For now, forget about the "CtlCh" boxes, which set the control MIDI channel of the slot (used for automation).

Infiltrator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:36:08 pm »
I can confirm that the problem disappears when I use the main outs instead of the AUX's....
I hope this will be fixed with the next update.....

Also thanks for the help with the Midi Channels, it now works....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines