March 29, 2024, 12:21:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Brass 2 and CPU Problem  (Read 6800 times)

muzzburns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Brass 2 and CPU Problem
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:44:58 pm »
This content was addressed in the thread 'Brass 2 review' I hope you'll forgive that I'm bringing a problematic part of the aforementioned up again because I saw no solution.
I've got 3 Gigs of RAM on a Sweetwater Creation Station PC (XP) and the CPU load when a quartet is employed...well, I can't employ a quartet it is so extreme. The best one can do is trio and if one subs ANY saxophone in the trio, the patch will not work because the CPU maxes out . In fact, just a sax solo'ed eats the RAM as well.

What am I doing wrong. Do I need to re-install? Will installing 2.05 help? I'm not running but T-Racks deluxe and Ozone 4, should I can one of those? ...Help :'(

Thanks

Alio 45

Re: Brass 2 and CPU Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:35:23 am »
I have the same problem but mine is on a (quite new) iMac 3.06 GHz intel Core Duo with 8 GB RAM. It's almost unusable. I certainly cant use it with other plug ins.

Alan

muzzburns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:40:14 pm »
I actually got a call from Sean from Arturia US and mentioned this. Circumstances and time constraint's were such that there was no way to resolve this ( as I tacked it on to the end of the conversation). He did say they demo'd the Sax at NAMM or JAMA (Idk) with no problems.
I haven't a clue.   

rvankan

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:01:22 pm »
Hi,

I have 2.05 installed on a 8-core Mac Pro with 16Gb Ram and have exactly the same problem.
Did any of you hear about a solution for this?

Cheers,

Rob.

AdamArnold

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:33:31 pm »
I solved my crashing problem. I hope it works for any of you. I opened Brass 2 in stand alone mode, and in the "Audio and Midi Settings" I didn't have the Pro Tools aggregate I/O box selected, and I see that I can also control the stand-alone module by either selecting MBox2 midi in, or the USB from my KeyStation.

I loaded 3 tracks on pro tools 9, and when it is a CPU hog (27%now), it has recorded and played back some mean trombone solos. I love the bones, the saxes and trumpets? No. But I am just starting to play with it. I might find a way to ,like

I assumed that pro tools or Brass 2 would have automatically hooked the I/O up on their own. So I learn.

Hope it helps anyone,

Adam

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines