Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VCA2  (Read 5440 times)

jmcecil

VCA2
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:25:40 am »
New MM user, so sorry if this is a noobish question,

I've tried creating patches in stand alone mode and hosted mode in Cubase 4, Reaper and Samp 11.  So, this behavior is consistent across hosts and stand alone.

I can't seem to get VCA2 to work.  I've loaded a few patches that are using it, but if I disconnect from it and try to repatch it no longer works.  I can patch from any osc directly to VCA1 and works as expected.  Patch any OSC to VCA2 and nothing.

Any ideas?
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

Phil999

Re: VCA2
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:33:20 pm »
that's strange. Try to load an blank patch and start from there. If VCA2 still doesn't work, load one of those factory presets where it works, unpatch everything and save. Using this new blank preset should work with VCA2.

jmcecil

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:05:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I did try the blank (actually don't think there was a blank, just 1 osc).  That's what started the issue.  Even patching directly from a VCO to VCA2 didn't work.  Patching to VCA1 always works. 

I then loaded random patches until I found one that was using VCA2.  I removed all patches and tried to use that as a blank, but VCA2 no longer worked once I removed all other connections.

As long as I don't completely strip connections, VCA2 will continue to be available.  But, I can't start from a blank configuration and use VCA2.  Is this a bug, or is there a pathing issue I don't quite get?

Also, sending LFO to Filterx reso doesn't seem to work?  The patch cable looks like it's going to the back of the unit, but the LFO doesn't affect reso.

This is probably just noobie blues, but maybe someone has gone through this struggle before.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

jmcecil

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 01:24:02 am »
I think I figured it out.  By default the Input trigger isn't connected to anything in the default "Blank" patch.  By setting it to Keyboard Trigger On, I can now get VCA2 to work properly.

Phil999

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »
oh, yes, we forgot the trigger.  :D Noobie blues that also happen to the experienced sometimes.

They are a bit hidden, the trigger inputs, one doesn't know where they are mapped to, one has to right-click the spot to know. We got used to it but they are not well done.

jmcecil

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:27:08 am »
Hey thanks for checking in Phil.  How about problem where I can't send LFO to the Filter bank resos?  Is it something similar?  I'm still stumped on that front.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:29:29 am by jmcecil »

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 04:17:43 pm »
The fixed filter bank of the Mg Modular V is used more like an effect than like a real module, so there is no connection from any modulation source to the FFB.

If you are referring to the regular VCFs instead, then you have to use the multi-mode filter module to have access to the resonance as a mod destination.

Hope this helps

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

jmcecil

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 04:32:14 pm »
The fixed filter bank of the Mg Modular V is used more like an effect than like a real module, so there is no connection from any modulation source to the FFB.

If you are referring to the regular VCFs instead, then you have to use the multi-mode filter module to have access to the resonance as a mod destination.

Hope this helps

Frank
hmm, ok.  But, Filter 1 thru 3 Reso show up in the destination list of the LFO.  The cable does show up, although it goes off into nowhere.  So, you're saying that's a bogus route?  That would be weird, because it is like a standard patch path for just about every patch ever made on a real MM.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »
You can select different filter types for the filter slots 1-3 plus the options for the Bode Shifter and the Formant filter.

The low pass, high pass and couple filter are modelled after the Mg filter modules 904a, 904b and 904c and the 904a and 904b modules do not offer a modulation input for the resonance.

On the Arturia Mg Modular V you can modulate the resonance of the filter types: Coupler (Mg band reject or band pass), Multimode and Formant. The later two are Arturias own filter design.

So if you choose one of the three filter types mentioned above, the LFO output will connect to the corresponing modulation input for the resonance.

Cheers
Frank
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

jmcecil

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 05:14:26 pm »
You can select different filter types for the filter slots 1-3 plus the options for the Bode Shifter and the Formant filter.

The low pass, high pass and couple filter are modelled after the Mg filter modules 904a, 904b and 904c and the 904a and 904b modules do not offer a modulation input for the resonance.

On the Arturia Mg Modular V you can modulate the resonance of the filter types: Coupler (Mg band reject or band pass), Multimode and Formant. The later two are Arturias own filter design.

So if you choose one of the three filter types mentioned above, the LFO output will connect to the corresponing modulation input for the resonance.

Cheers
Frank

ah, thanks.  I get it.  Although, it would be easier if the destination to a bogus endpoint did not show up in the LFO selection list.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 05:25:11 pm »
It is more obvious when you use the virtual patch cable instead of the pop up menues because there is no input connector on the Mg low pass module.   ;)

Frank
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines