March 29, 2024, 07:24:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multi Mode 'FX' red button confusion  (Read 2808 times)

sjs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Multi Mode 'FX' red button confusion
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »
Hi

New to using the CS80. Amazing synth though.

I'm reading through the manual at the moment and seem to be having problems using effects in multi mode. The red 'fx' button doesn't seem to do anything i.e. if I have chorus on toggling this red button does not disable it for that zone. Am I missing something? According to the manual I thought that I can toggle effects on/off per zone - doesn't seem to work for me.
Anyone else have this issue?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

SJS

YESMAN

Re: Multi Mode 'FX' red button confusion
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:07:34 am »
Hey SJS,
  The red "FX" button is for each individual voice not for a specific zone. If you want to turn on/off the fx on a particular zone you need to toggle the red  "FX" button in each voice assigned to the zone. This should sort it for you.

sjs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »
Hi Yesman

Thanks for your reply.

I still seem to have no joy. Even if I assign all 8 voices to the same zone, turning all the fx buttons on then off again makes no difference to switching effects on and off.

I'm baffled???

It's not a major issue, but what the manual states doesn't work.
A bug maybe?

Cheers

SJS

YESMAN

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:12:29 pm »
SJS,
   You appear to be right, I am not able to turn the FX on/off using the buttons in the multi channel window (VSTi in Cubase 5).I gave my first response while I was away from my gear - I will not do that again! I usually do not use the onboard FX and have not always found multi mode as predictable as I would like (see my other posts). So, at this point I would agree that it is a bug, unless anyone else can enlighten on this.....

Also, I have checked this with the 10 voice version (VSTi in Cantabile). The additional channels always bypass the FX.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:29:59 pm by YESMAN »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines