March 28, 2024, 11:02:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.3 firmware sneak preview  (Read 23587 times)

Philippe

1.3 firmware sneak preview
« on: November 24, 2010, 06:29:42 pm »
Hi all,

We're entering the last phase before the release of the 1.3 Origin firmware. If you are interested in testing the last release candidate some time before the actual final version, you can download the update file here:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=35099361435301004824384388224

To enable the download you have to enter the password:

unison

The downloaded archive contains a document describing the installation procedure and a quick look at the new features.

NOTES:

- Do not forget to first install the version of Origin Connection which is included in the update package

- Presets saved with the 1.3 firmware are not backward compatible with the 1.2.5 version. So should you decide to go back to 1.2.5 you would have to restore the presets as they were before the update using the backup which is automatically built on your computer during the upgrade process.

- We recommend to process the update to the 1.3 version on a machine installed with at least a 1.1.59 firmware.
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

Re: 1.3 firmware sneak preview
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 06:53:38 pm »
Oh and just in case.... Do a backup of your presets before starting the update  :)
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:38:47 am »
WARNING:

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE LAST RELEASE CANDIDATE, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MACHINE.

One beta-tester reported a problem after an update from the Beta_1.3.0 to the last version RC1_1.3.3. So we recommend to not update the firmware until we have analysed and solved the reported misbehavior.

We'll keep you informed asap.

Origin Lead  Developer

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 10:20:42 am »
I've already downloaded and updated this morning! :(
2nd run now... but origin doesn't respond anymore! no chance to get a sound out of it.
one click any button - freeeeeeeeeeze :(

hmmm...

is it possible to go back to 1.25 - i hope!

ah. btw. mac os 10.6.5 (latest updates), MacPro DualQuad 3GHz, latest working origin version 1.2.5, latest origin connection installed, USB connection.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:35:30 am by guardner »
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:43:45 am »
Sorry for the trouble.

Please, could you send me the logs of the update and the backup of your presets?

The logs are located here:

PC XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\"user_name"\Application Data\Origin Connection

PC Vista:
        C:\Users\"user_name"\AppData\Roaming\Origin Connection

Mac:
        /Users/"user_name"/Library/Origin Connection

Make a zip of the whole folder "Origin Connection" so that we are sure to get the relevant logs.

The backup are in a folder that you can open with Origin Connection. There you should archive the backups till the date of your first attempt to update the 1.3.3.

Again sorry for the trouble.
Origin Lead  Developer

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 11:31:47 am »
email sent to you with attachements and some encountered errors...

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:39:10 am »
Problems solved!!! :) Thanks to the great and very fast support of phil (arturia)...
it was a mac problem with origin connection.

The new modules are amazing...  8)

BUT i have found a "bug":
If you turn the white knobs (around the display) very fast in one direction, the values doesn't inc/dec. Sometimes if i turn a knob fast counterclockwise the values increase instead of decreasing or they jump up and down... While using origin LIVE you have to move knobs sometimes a little bit faster...

Now back to the machine and playing with the new toys.  ;D

Philippe

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 09:39:22 am »
We will soon reopen the link to the 1.3 firmware preview.

The bug was in the Mac version of Origin Connection. As far as I know, there's no problem with the Windows updater.

Mac and Windows Beta-testers who have (or tried to) install the 1.3 preview should not try to downgrade to the Beta_1.3.0 version as this will break the machine. Downgrade to 1.2.5 is OK.

In case you tried to update your Origin from a Mac just tell us. We'll provide you a "Reparation Kit" and detailed instructions to use it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:07:28 am by philwick »
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 04:56:35 pm »
Hello All,

The link to the sneak preview of the new Origin firmware (RC1_1.3.3) is active now.

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=21932379034042704727782234216

password: unison

As usual, do not forget to first install the "Origin Connection" which is included in the package. Also it's always safer to backup your presets before the update.

Occasionally, you may get alert box from "Origin Connection" telling you some cryptic message such as "there has been a problem on U2034". This is very rare and means that the Origin and "Origin Connection" are no more in sync. Then you simply need to restart the update and everything should be OK.

Have fun.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 01:45:04 pm »
Right now I am downgrading back to 1.2.5.... :(

Two problems came up with 1.3. :

(1) In multi mode (maybe it's also in Program mode) if I send Program Change message to Origin, it does change preset like before but Mode (mono low/mono high/poly reset ...), Polyphony etc. does not change (check "Progr page"). In other words, if original program was mono then it forces others to mono as well (if you make program change).

(2) Sometimes there're strange transpositions (in semitones) without any known midi messages. (I think there was those also in 1.2.5 but with 1.3. I had them much more often) I don't really know if those messages come from my controller or from USB (computer) or are they just coming from Origin itself. I have no such problems with other equipment which I am using with same controller.

I am using Origin in Mac OS X (10.5.8.) with Cakewalk A-500PRO controller.

Did anyone experience these problem after or before 1.3. ? 

Philippe

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »
(1) In multi mode (maybe it's also in Program mode) if I send Program Change message to Origin, it does change preset like before but Mode (mono low/mono high/poly reset ...), Polyphony etc. does not change (check "Progr page"). In other words, if original program was mono then it forces others to mono as well (if you make program change).

It was the intended behavior for a MULTI layering. It seems the current code is imposing that new behavior every time wether the MULTI is a layering or not. This is a bug. If users prefer so, we can go back to the old behavior (that is a slot always comes with its own play mode settings when it is imported in a MULTI).

(2) Sometimes there're strange transpositions (in semitones) without any known midi messages. (I think there was those also in 1.2.5 but with 1.3. I had them much more often) I don't really know if those messages come from my controller or from USB (computer) or are they just coming from Origin itself. I have no such problems with other equipment which I am using with same controller.

Never noticed that behavior before.... Could you give more details if it is possible?

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »
I would very much like the "old" (1.2.5.) behavior of multis. I am used to use Program change messages to change one of the programs... It's very useful in live situations.

BTW I could not downgrade to 1.2.5. ?!?! Process crashed in 97%
 ???

Philippe

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 04:19:34 pm »
BTW I could not downgrade to 1.2.5. ?!?! Process crashed in 97%

Send me the logs of the update. You can find them here:

PC XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\"user_name"\Application Data\Origin Connection

PC Vista:
        C:\Users\"user_name"\AppData\Roaming\Origin Connection

Mac:
        /Users/"user_name"/Library/Origin Connection

Make an archive of the whole "Origin Connection" folder.

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

holografique

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 04:31:00 pm »
Downloaded the 1.3 RC release. Update went well with no issues. It successfully backed up my system and programs and restored everything just fine.

So far everything appears to be fine with the exception of the reported bug from earlier regarding the live data encoders not responding (or responding in a random sporadic manner) when you move them slightly fast.

This has been an ongoing issue from prior releases as it also effected the large data encoder knob. It appears that it no longer effects the live data encoder knob, but it is now effecting the live encoders. Please get this fixed once and for all!!. This really makes it difficult to use those encoders which are very important. Something this simple and soo important to the BASIC use of this product should not slip through your QA since it is literally the first thing you can tell after the update and doesn't require any level of expertise to detect the problem. Basic UI functionality should never have such problems. It speaks poorly about the level of your QA testing. It's like releasing a release with a volume knob that doesn't work... :-\ How hard is it to have a checklist that you check on every release that says:

*volume knob works?

*all knobs work?

*unit powers on?

cmon guys...this is basic stuff you should not be missing.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:13:45 pm by holografique »

holografique

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 06:13:00 pm »
voice detune parameter does not appear to have any effect when using the new UNISON modes.

I'll keep listing more stuff here as I come across them. Loving the new JP-8 template.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines