March 28, 2024, 11:47:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia plugins crash Pro Tools  (Read 15384 times)

Tom Fuller

Arturia plugins crash Pro Tools
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:37:17 pm »
Hiya all,

I am having problems with all the Arturia plugins (especially Jupiter V) in that they will crash pro tools frequently when either changing patch or just opening the plugin window. I have tried emailing Tech support multiple times now but they can't even show me the courtesy to email me back, so I thought maybe someone here has had some luck with a similar problem?

The plugins have been consistently unstable over all versions of Pro Tools 8 (the latest version exhibited another bug - the GUI of the arturia plugins would freeze, so it still worked but I could not adjust any settings/change patch). I recently upgraded to PT 9 and it is actually a lot better than before, but I am still getting constant crashes.

On top of that, after crashing when I attempt to reload the session I get an Auth fail for the plugin that crashed due to incorrect permissions, so I THEN have to a disk permisions repair before I can get on with it.

This is on a Mac Pro quad core, 6gb ram, fresh install of OSX/Pro Tools 9 with nothing else on the system. The system is solid and has not yet crashed without an Arturia plugin in the session.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

TheMyxin

Re: Arturia plugins crash Pro Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:45:35 pm »

On top of that, after crashing when I attempt to reload the session I get an Auth fail for the plugin that crashed due to incorrect permissions, so I THEN have to a disk permisions repair before I can get on with it.

This is on a Mac Pro quad core, 6gb ram, fresh install of OSX/Pro Tools 9 with nothing else on the system. The system is solid and has not yet crashed without an Arturia plugin in the session.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Here i have the same Error on my Windows PC (Windows 7 64bit) with Protools9.0 and 9.01. Every time when i start Protools there is an Auth-Error shown for the RTAS-Plugin. It works as standalone Applikation and it works when i use the wrapped VST-Plugin via the FXPansion VSTtoRTAS-Wrapper V2.11

This happens with the Jupiter V1.1 and V2 !
I think the RTAS-Plugin is complete broken since Version 2 of the Jupiter8 and especially with Protools9. 

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:46:02 am »
The latest Pro Tools 9 has broken up the usual compatibility with our synthesizers.  :-\
We are currently working on their new updates which should fix this up, they will be released within these very first months of 2011.
No immediate workaround known, except sticking with PT8 (correctly updated).
ex-Arturian

@ndy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:54:02 am »
Having issues with PT9 as well.  I am a new Arturia user and was wondering how to keep up with the updates?  Just keep visiting the site? Is there a mailing list for updates?  I am anxious for a fix.   :(

BigBird

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:47:42 pm »
Any progress on the updates? :(

Kye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 04:16:05 am »
Hi Tom,

I'm having exactly the same issues as you but in Logic... continual crashes especially with the Jupiter and Analog Lab.

Did you get anything sorted?

Thanks

CrsMyHrt

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 07:42:05 pm »
I installed all updates exept the "plug in for pro tools fix" because I can not install it, I open the dmg, I click on continue and nothing happens ...

Pro Tools crash when I change a preset, when I open a session that contains arturia plug in ...

I have to work for a band that uses the plug-in ... I have to mix their album soon ...

I have problems with Pro Tools only since I installed the V Collection pack ...

I really need a solution quickly ...

Dav1d

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 01:55:44 pm »
Hi, there is no Jupiter Update planed actually,
Could you send me a screenshot of the crash?
Is that issue happens on Pro-Tool 9 only?

briona112

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 05:01:30 am »
Thank you very much for the answers. shell shockers

I found the folder. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines