March 19, 2024, 06:59:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving favorites?  (Read 10504 times)

d3llio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud - D3llio
Saving favorites?
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:57:22 am »
Hello everyone!
I'm thinking of getting a new laptop, and want to transfer Analog Lab over when I do.
I've spent some time going through all the presets and "favoriting" the ones I like, but it occurred to me that I don't know if there is any way to save all the favorites settings and import them. Is there any way to do this, or should I just plan on transferring the program I have currently to the new laptop? Thank you!

LBH

Re: Saving favorites?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:11:10 pm »
There is'nt a way to export favorites only.
You can save/ copy your favorites in/ to a seperate user bank and then export that bank.

Please keep in mind that user presets that is marked as favorites have that information with the preset. So it should be marked as a favorite, if you move it to another computer.

Unfortunately it does'nt look like you can copy the Factory preset Favorite markings to another computer.
I think when you mark a factory preset as a Favorite, then this information is being stored in a file in a FactoryEdit folder (At least on Windows in the hidden folder ProgranData).
It would be great, if you could copy that folder to another computer, so those informations was tranfered so the similar factory presets on the other computer got marked as Favorite.
Arturia should'nt this or another way to handle Favorite markings between computers be possible in such a powerful preset handling system as yours?
Have i missed something?

LemurDuke

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 07:38:46 pm »
Apologies for the necropost, but has anyone actually got this working?

The Factory favourites indeed seem to be stored in the FactoryEdit-folder, but even if I transfer the files from there, Analog Lab still doesn't understand the presets have been favourited on another computer.

ld57

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 03:00:11 pm »
I've copied the 3 db.db3* files to another computer and my favorites were recovered  :D
My Keylab essential/Ableton set-up tutorial https://drolez.com/blog/music/arturia-keylab-ableton-setup.php

ludomuse

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 06:51:44 pm »
hi there,
do you know where i can find this db3 files on mac ?

Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines