April 19, 2024, 06:09:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi question  (Read 2290 times)

wdt74

Midi question
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:36:45 am »
Hi  there,
My name is Bill and this is my first foray into the world of computer synth, I used to play bass a bit, but I always enjoyed twisting and messing with the Mg at the local Guitar center. Analog Factory seemed to get me to what I wanted the most, 2 Mg synths and a MIDI keyboard all in one. Though Im liking the other synth sounds on there too its a good experience so far!
I just got the Factory w/ keyboard and Im wondering what MIDI cord people are using to connect the keyboard to the computer. I have a G5 Mac and there is no MIDI port on it so Im guessing I need a MIDI (for the keys) to USB (for G5) cord, is this correct OR not? I looked around the boards and didn't really see anything so maybe Im such a noob that this is kind of a no brainer for most of you.
I would love to hear suggestions before I trek over to Guitar Center and start digging around I like to be a prepared shopper.
Also Id like to say hats off and bravo to the tech support for helping me with my authorization problem. They were fast and efficient in getting my problem resolved, and now Im up and running, mostly.
Thanks for listening!
Bill

Antoine

Re: Midi question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:22:58 am »
Hi Bill, welcome on this forum!
No need for a special cable: the USB cable carries the MIDI information from the keyboard to the computer. Upon connection, your keyboard shall be recognized by your operating system as a standard MIDI device, which is great. Then you will have to select it as main MIDI input in your synthesizer "Audio & MIDI Preferences" window. Et voilą!  :)
ex-Arturian

wdt74

Re: Midi question
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:00:33 pm »
Thank you!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines