March 28, 2024, 05:59:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What are your Origin priorities?  (Read 2484 times)

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What are your Origin priorities?
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:05:51 pm »
Now, that the version 1.3 is going to be released, what are your next Origin priorities? What do you except of your Origin in the future?

In my oppinion the priorities of Arturia must be:

1. CS80 Template.
2. Prophet V Template.
3. Arp Template.
4. Mg Modular template.
5. More accuracy in the emulations and sound quality--->Optimization in TAE?
6. Improvements in the FX sectión, mostly in the reverb.
7. DAW total integration via Plugin, including USB Audio.
8. New Modules (ppg, ob8, supersaw, etc...).

Also, i think Arturia must show a new Milestones document in the web page coinciding with the new year.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: What are your Origin priorities?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 08:18:36 pm »
My first priority is to have an Origin that works and lasts! (I had this annoying knob problem. My unit is in Sweden for repair, hopefully not very long time...)

But after that, here's my wish list (based on Jeruro's list)t:

0. (this is something quite obvious) Fix those bugs if there's anything causing crashes, screen going blank etc.! Hardware synth should be like hardware synth, not like unfinished or unupdated software. There should not be also any clicks or crackles if it's possible to get rid of them.
1. New templates (especially Mg Modular or Arp but I'm afraid we have to wait for them; they are so complicated)
2. Accuracy (especially if there's a gap between JP8 template with real one)
3. New modules (especially Supersaw would be welcomed for most of us I think)
4. Computer editor(s); I wouldn't mind this idea of iPad-app (though I don't have iPad; maybe I'd buy one if Arturia would release a software.

holografique

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 09:24:40 pm »
their main priority right now is stability in the product. Remember that all modern digital and VA hardware synths are running software or some kind of firmware, just like the Origin. But the Origin is far more complex and they just need to finish working out the bugs so that it's as stable as one would expect from a "hardware" device.

after that we just need to wait and see. personally I prefer to see some additions to useability and functionality before anymore templates are made. Some of my suggestions have been:

1. custom parameter names for live encoders so that you can have them match "parameter" names of a particular hardware synth instead of the parameter name of the module function they are controlling (useful when creating templates to emulate analog synths)

2. live encoder banks so that you can assign more than just 8 slots. 8 slots is VERY limiting when you are trying to map out controls for a template emulating an analog synth.

3. arpgeggiator BPM value saved/recall per program

4. relay modules along with on/off toggle mode for live encoders. this would be useful when building your own templates emulating an old synth and you need to create a relay)

But sure in the sound department I would love to see:

1. ARP2600 reverb module (such a great reverb with that instant 70's spooky analog vibe)

2. addition of low/hi cutoff and resonance control for the delay effects. useful for simulating tape echo effects and more creative feedback effects.

3. Prophet oscillator and filter modules

4. Oberheim SEM oscillator and filter modules (this would be the best way to capture the history of the "Oberheim" sound)

Honestly I don't think the ARP2600 and Mg Modular templates make sense for the Origin. Those synths just don't lend well to the UI and ergonomics of the Origin. What would make more sense is just to provide us all of the individual modules of those synths so that we can use them to build with. For example: having the 904 series filter module of the System 55 modular would be a great start.

Guitarkeyboardplayer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:15:03 pm »
More arpgeggiator choices. Up, down, up/down and random is a good start but some synths have hundreds of choices.
Obviously fix the bugs first.
Keep this thread going, this lets Arturia know what the owners want.
Gary

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines