March 19, 2024, 02:40:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use of Analog Player 25 on multiple PCs  (Read 6080 times)

MARDONIX

Use of Analog Player 25 on multiple PCs
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:36:30 pm »
Greetings, I recently purchased the Analog Experience w/ 25 Key controller & I am very pleased with the classic synthesizers & the quality of the keyboard controller itself.  I had no trouble using it with the supllied software & the USB connection on my Windows Vista PC Laptop.  One of the reasons I bought the package was to use the keyboard as a compact USB-MIDI controller on the road with the Laptop & in my home studio.

I assumed we are allowed to install the keyboard USB-MIDI drivers on multiple machines, & when I connected the keyboard using USB into my XP tower PC, it automatically registered itself as a Generic USB audio device & it shows up in the Windows Control Panel as Analog Experience & says it is working properly.

However, both my Steinberg Cubase LE & Sony Acid Music Studio do not see it as a MIDI input device.  Is there some software or key that needs to be installed?  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Regards.

Antoine

Re: Use of Analog Player 25 on multiple PCs
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:40:08 am »
Hi Mardonix, welcome on this forum.
On Windows systems, the keyboard is seen as a standard "Audio USB device", which is fine. If the system sees it, all Audio/MIDI softwares should see it as well: the soft sequencers should run just fine using this device. If not, I presume there is some misconfiguration somewhere.
Sorry not to be much more accurate.  :-\
ex-Arturian

Roboburger

Re: Use of Analog Player 25 on multiple PCs
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 10:55:07 pm »
>However, both my Steinberg Cubase LE & Sony Acid Music Studio do not see it as a >MIDI input device. 

If this has not been fully figured out yet, let me try.  I use Sony Acid 6.0- However I am not an expert at soft synths- the Player 25 is my first.

With the platform open, look Under: Options- Preferences- MIDI.  Now there should be a selection for "Make these devices available for MIDI input" - check the box for the Player 25, and you should be good.

At least it worked for me!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines