March 28, 2024, 11:20:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Win 7 64 Bit Issues?  (Read 4194 times)

Jive Talking Robot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Win 7 64 Bit Issues?
« on: January 31, 2011, 09:33:01 pm »
I am planning on purchasing the Lab + V Synth bundle.  I am running Cubase 6 / Windows 7 64 bit.  I understand this is not a native 64 bit application... are there any issues with running the Lab + the other synths in a 64 bit environment?

Many thanks!

Whirlpools

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Win 7 64 Bit Issues?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:33:16 pm »
Yeah I really want to buy this when it's released but wonder too if the software plugin with the Lab will be native 64 bit?

Thanx - Whirlpools
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:42:44 pm by Whirlpools »

Thomas@Arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 02:58:41 pm »
Hi !

Our virtual instruments are 32-bit compiled only, therefore can run in standalone mode on top of 64-bit OSes, but won't run in 64-bit host sequencers, however they can run in 32-bit compatible mode (like Cubase).

Is your Cubase installed as 32bit or 64bit ?

Best regards,
Thomas - Arturia

Whirlpools

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
Thank you for the reply Thomas but it is now 2011 and 64 bit is becoming pretty standard so I don't understand how Arturia can be bringing out a new hybrid product that is only in 32 bit? I know that the Spark will be at least a 64 bit VST but when oh when will Arturia be entering the present nevermind the future?

Thanx - Whirlpools.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:02:37 pm by Whirlpools »

doober

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 04:34:58 pm »
having been waiting for a pre order 49 key lab since it was available - which has been somewhat frustrating as i ordered (and paid) for it in summer 2010 an was initially told october, then january and now late march.  this is somewhat frustrating already.

having been trying to move to an exclusive 64 bit system using Logic, i tried to google about arturia lab and 64 bit.  i found this -

in the comments section - the third comment says this of Spark.
I just want to explain our 64-bit policy (for Spark at least).

We decide to implement 64-bit on Windows VST because Cudase 5 was 64-bit compatible on Windows.
We decide to not implement 64-bit on Mac VST because Cudase 5 was not 64-bit compatible on Mac OSX.
Now Cubase 6 is released and is 64-bit compatible on Mac OSX so we will have to implement it ASAP (but not for Spark 1.0).

We decide to implement 64-bit Audio Unit because Logic is 64-bit compatible.

We decide to not implement 64-bit because Pro Tools is not 64-bit compatible.

We decide to implement 64-bit Standalone Application for Mac OSX because we can embed it with the 32-bit version in the same binary.
We decide to not implement 64-bit Windows because we can not embed it with the 32-bit version in the same binary and we didn't thought 64-bit native application was really needed. But we can add it without too many difficult if the users want it (but not for Spark 1.0)

I hope this helps you to understand a little bit more why we didn't implement 64-bit on all platform

All the best
Kevin

this left me hopeful that Logic AU *would* support native 64 bit use for Laboratory Experience, but from this thread it seems it was an incorrect assumption.

So I wouldn't be able to use ALab software in 64 bit Logic, or would I have to use bit bridge, or would it not work at all in Logic64 ?

thanks and appreciate any response.

PeterBob

Re: Win 7 and MAC OS 64 Bit Issues?
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 06:48:11 pm »
I use Apple Logic on Mac OS 10.6
I have many many Audio Unit, Components, etc.. all working in 64 Bit and 12 Gigas of RAM for that.
I can not use Analog Laboratory with Logic because it is the only one that don't work in 64 bits !
I don't understand that.

If i use Logic in 32 bits, i don't have enought memory.

Please, make soon a 64 Bits Audio Unit issue for Mac OS, it is an emergency.

shakuman

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 01:00:30 am »
I am planning on purchasing the Lab + V Synth bundle.  I am running Cubase 6 / Windows 7 64 bit.  I understand this is not a native 64 bit application... are there any issues with running the Lab + the other synths in a 64 bit environment?

Many thanks!

Did you try jbridge ?

Shakuman.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines