April 20, 2024, 05:48:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin 1.3 firmware released  (Read 3873 times)

Philippe

Origin 1.3 firmware released
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:13:38 pm »
The final 1.3 version (1.3.23) of the Origin firmware is available for download here:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html

Have fun
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: Origin 1.3 firmware released
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:25 pm »
nice! working great!
JP8 presets are really nice, thanx JMB. filter assignation to the Bend is bit confusing.

tomoe97

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:09:33 pm »
I'm having problems with the update.  :( I have tried twice to update from 1.36 to 1.3.23, but each time, after successfully backing up my presets, I receive the following error when it tries to update the firmware: "An error occurred during Origin update. You should restart Origin, verify the update file and retry. If the error still occurs, please contact the technical support."

I used the updated Origin Connection software on my Mac running OS 10.6.6. The Origin was connected directly to a USB port (no hub) on my Mac desktop.

Any suggestions?

tomoe97

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:56:55 pm »
Apparently, the third time is a charm! I downloaded the firmware file again, rebooted my Mac, started the firmware update again, and this time it worked. Could there have been a problem with the first firmware download? The file unzipped okay and there was no indication that it was corrupt, so I don't really know why the update worked the third try but not the previous two. Perhaps my Origin was just being finicky.

At any rate, the update finally succeeded, the Jupiter patches are great, and I love my Origin!

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 03:58:34 pm »
Hi everybody,

I decided to give Origin one more chance after my earlier nightmare with its knobs (I had to cancel the whole deal with my local music shop). So I went to buy a new one from another European dealer and here it is; everything seems to work now fine and I managed to update it to 1.3.

So after being quite critical with Arturia (I refer to my earlier posts), I must say I'm very happy now with my Origin. I only hope that it will work well in my gigging rig (and no more malfunctioning knobs). Keep developing it guys!

synthguy99

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 06:00:33 pm »
I found a bug.  Creating an ARP Odyssey patch, I decided to use one of the global LFOs.  When I use the sinewave, set the destination to the VCOs and modulation amount with joystick, the frequency jumps in big steps over a few hertz at about 3hz, 6hz etc, and at 1.7, it's 0.  Triangle wave works fine, and was what I wanted anyway.  I'm using a KORG Karma as my controller.  Origin doesn't like the modulation switches either.  When I use SW2, it opens the filters, but when I switch it off, the filters are mostly closed.

Otherwise, loving the new update, and am about to play with the Jupiter for a bit.  ;D
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Superwaldi

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 09:51:21 pm »
Origin is stable here.

I like the improvements.

Some recommendations:
- Please improve the preset management.
- Please divide coming updates into a firmware part and a part with the soundbanks.
- Please let me edit patches 1-400 as well. I'm running out of space here.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines