April 19, 2024, 07:46:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A bug in MMV?  (Read 8991 times)

kwerker2000

A bug in MMV?
« on: April 27, 2004, 05:20:14 pm »
Hello everybody!

I just wonder why I have to choose my soundcard everytime I start MMV as "stand alone"? To have MMV working in this moed I have to 1: choose the sample rate (48 000, that is (it's a SB Audigy-card)) and after I have choosed the samplerate I must choose Creative Asio to have it all work...
If I choose the other way around MMV want work at all!

Why, I wonder....a bug perhaps?

Patch, people Patch!

Bo

Cold Steel

A bug in MMV?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 11:45:19 am »
Tjäna Bo!

I see the same thing on both MMV and the MiniMg (versions from the CD's)  It's rather frustrating.

I upgraded (downgraded?) from the downloaded demos.  Yesterday MMV asked for the CD.  After I inserted it and MMV in standalone mode no longer made any sound whatsoever, even after rebooting the machine.  WORSE yet, it removed my own patches that I spent many, many hours creating.  I'm not happy!

Two more major problems in the MMV are that the LFO's all have a severe glitch about every second - makes them unusable unless you don't care about sounding decent.  The second problem is that the triangle and sine waves "die" in volume the further down in pitch you play.

I'll also complain about the standalone mode being screen maximized.  Then when you minimize it, the window is too small and must be resized every single time.

Arturia, please fix these problems.  It doesn't make sense to offer fantastic new features if the basic product is too broken to work properly.

But to leave on the positive side, let me congradulate Arturia on producing a very authentic sounding instrument.

Cold Steel

Cold Steel

A bug in MMV?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 11:46:12 am »
Hello Bo!

I see the same thing on both MMV and the MiniMg (versions from the CD's)  It's rather frustrating.

I upgraded (downgraded?) from the downloaded demos.  Yesterday MMV asked for the CD.  After I inserted it and MMV in standalone mode no longer made any sound whatsoever, even after rebooting the machine.  WORSE yet, it removed my own patches that I spent many, many hours creating.  I'm not happy!

Two more major problems in the MMV are that the LFO's all have a severe glitch about every second - makes them unusable unless you don't care about sounding decent.  The second problem is that the triangle and sine waves "die" in volume the further down in pitch you play.

I'll also complain about the standalone mode being screen maximized.  Then when you minimize it, the window is too small and must be resized every single time.

Arturia, please fix these problems.  It doesn't make sense to offer fantastic new features if the basic product is too broken to work properly.

But to leave on the positive side, let me congradulate Arturia on producing a very authentic sounding instrument.

Cold Steel

Anonymous

A bug in MMV?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 11:49:58 am »
Aaaaa!  Software problems are making my life a living nightmare!

Sorry about the double posting, but I can blame the post engine.  I got this strange message:

Could not insert new word

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn't be rolled back

INSERT IGNORE INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_common) VALUES ('arturia', 0), ('asked', 0), ('authentic', 0), ('basic', 0), ('both', 0), ('broken', 0), ('care', 0), ('cds', 0), ('cold', 0), ('complain', 0), ('congradulate', 0), ('creating', 0), ('decent', 0), ('demos', 0), ('die', 0), ('downgraded', 0), ('downloaded', 0), ('fantastic', 0), ('features', 0), ('fix', 0), ('frustrating', 0), ('further', 0), ('glitch', 0), ('happy', 0), ('hello', 0), ('hours', 0), ('ill', 0), ('inserted', 0), ('instrument', 0), ('leave', 0), ('let', 0), ('lfos', 0), ('longer', 0), ('machine', 0), ('made', 0), ('major', 0), ('make', 0), ('makes', 0), ('maximized', 0), ('minimize', 0), ('miniMg', 0), ('mmv', 0), ('mode', 0), ('offer', 0), ('own', 0), ('patches', 0), ('pitch', 0), ('play', 0), ('positive', 0), ('problem', 0), ('problems', 0), ('producing', 0), ('product', 0), ('properly', 0), ('rebooting', 0), ('removed', 0), ('resized', 0), ('same', 0), ('screen', 0), ('second', 0), ('sense', 0), ('severe', 0), ('side', 0), ('sine', 0), ('single', 0), ('sound', 0), ('sounding', 0), ('spent', 0), ('standalone', 0), ('steel', 0), ('thing', 0), ('triangle', 0), ('two', 0), ('unless', 0), ('unusable', 0), ('upgraded', 0), ('versions', 0), ('vol', 0), ('waves', 0), ('whatsoever', 0), ('window', 0), ('work', 0), ('yesterday', 0)

Line : 225
File : /var/www/forums/includes/functions_search.php

Meffy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Just a skunk
A bug in MMV?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 09:52:41 pm »
I get a similar error message. My previous posts (new threads) didn't work.

I hope this post appears -- and that the board is working properly soon!

Meffy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines