March 29, 2024, 02:39:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARP, Mg Modular, MiniMg with Audacity 1.3 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  (Read 3570 times)

ws_dev2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi ,
I am trying to link my electric guitar to the pc for which I already have a guitar to pc link, and actually loaded arp efx dll into the VST plugins folder of a tool called Audacity. Since I am on Windows 7 I am using v 1.3 of this tool. It detects the ARP dll as a VST effect, but when it tries to apply the effect it opens a window which doesnt allow me to load any presets and I dont know how to wire the required panels to achieve the Mg synth effect for my electric guitar.
Please help.

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: ARP, Mg Modular, MiniMg with Audacity 1.3 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:17:03 pm »
Hummm I don't know that Audacity can host VIs  since it has no midi or intrument tracks.  Even though you're just using it as an effect.....hummm.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Phil999

Re: ARP, Mg Modular, MiniMg with Audacity 1.3 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 07:10:54 am »
Audacity is an audio editor and not a DAW or sequencer software. Theoretically it might be possible to load a VSTi as an effect, but I know of no audio editor that can do that successfully.

I assume you play your VSTi's in standalone mode. For them to work properly as effects, you need a sequencer software. I'm not aware of an open source software, but there are rather cheap ones like Reaper or Tracktion, or Learning Editions of bigger sequencer softwares. Or try out demo's.

What do you want to achieve anyway? If it's only a tremolo or chorus effect for your guitar, there are free VST's that can do that.

EDIT: well this is not quite true what I said. You can use the Arturia VSTi's in standalone mode to run your guitar through them (I only have MMV, but I assume it works for the others as well). But then you can't record. Some audio cards offer internal routing for such purposes, or you can try out some audio loopback software to do that. It would look like this: guitar->audio in->VSTi->Audacity. Or use a second computer for recording if available, that would be easier I think.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:30:28 am by Phil999 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines