August 28, 2014, 05:10:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question: Any practical use on Bottom's Studio Background picture ?  (Read 704 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
At first, when I openned the bottom part of Spark and saw the drum kit picture, I thought "oh, cool, I can play them drums by clicking on the picture..." erm... but no.

Are these background pics just decorative ? (which is also nice, don't get me wrong).

I just had to ask, because... well, it could be a bug ::) ...if the picture is "dead" and non-responsive ;D

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
Re: Question: Any practical use on Bottom's Studio Background picture ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:28:38 am »
Hmm this has been a very hot topic here at Arturia.
First we wanted to have a dynamic BG but we didn't achieve to something good.
Try to right click on this BG, you'll be surprised. ;)

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:44:15 am »
Try to right click on this BG, you'll be surprised. ;)
Yeah, that was also one of the reasons I thought it was going to be dynamic, especially as soon as I tried TechnoBox ;D

But I guess it would just be an eye-candy thing to watch those drums pulsate... but please, don't take TechnoBox away, at least we have that one "alive" (i.e. dynamic/working), which it may be especially great on a multi-touch screen  8)

EDIT: Speaking of TechnoBox, wouldn't it be more useful if it had the pads sorted as a "traditional" (*cof*MPC*cof*) 4x4 drum pad ?
5 6 7 8
1 2 3 4
I know it goes against the current order of the Instrument panels  :-[
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:57:43 am by Koshdukai »

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 12:51:12 pm »
You are right but I think it will be more confusing if we change this BG without changing the studio layout and it is not possible.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:34:51 pm »
it will be more confusing if we change this BG without changing the studio layout and it is not possible.
True and I was already expecting that :-\

Oh well :) ...it would be a cool configuration though... at least as an option ::)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:11:47 pm by Koshdukai »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 05:12:07 pm »
(Since we're on the subject and since it's easy to throw suggestions in the air :D)

What about letting the mouse have a paintbrush-like behavior? Since that's not possible with the Pads section, at least the TechnoBox area would give some extra functionality.

Currently, clicking on one of the trigger areas ("virtual pads"?) in TechnoBox will trigger the instrument as expected, but if I hold the mouse and do a drag-like movement to any of the other trigger areas, they'll stay silent instead of being triggered as the mouse cursor hovers over with the mouse button held down.

...btw, these trigger areas, currently, will light up both on Pad Note ON and again on Note OFF. This is a harmless behavior (flashy lights are always cool  ;D), but I just wanted to point that out if that's not by design.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:15:13 pm by Koshdukai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines