April 23, 2014, 07:05:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 Betatest !  (Read 1061 times)

terrym

• Beta-testers
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark 2 Betatest !
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 01:17:21 pm »
Saving own sample folders under favorites in libary mode does not work...after restart the folders disappear from the favorites list....but this was in previos beta 2 version too...I have reported this last week ..also the preview listen function...Spark does not remember the last state...when you restart spark you have to have set again auto preview....

this a know issue

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 02:36:06 pm »
If you meant these... I already posted about them and uploaded a video showing this bug in this thread: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82113.msg110809#msg110809

I also reported it to Ben directly, so that should be taken care of soon.
Those were good catches indeed but no, I reported issues with missing knobs on certain FX presets, which I think weren't reported yet.

Seiishu

• Proud SparkLE user
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 02:50:28 pm »
I found I can't get Spark to remember knob speed in preferences. I like to set it to FAST, but it looks I have to set it each time I start Spark program.

This behaviour is actually dating back from Spark 1.7.2, and maybe even in earlier versions, but I started using my SparkLE with 1.7.2, so I wouldn't know.

Seiishu

• Proud SparkLE user
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 03:10:07 pm »
Those were good catches indeed but no, I reported issues with missing knobs on certain FX presets, which I think weren't reported yet.
That's good. I believe Kosmology posted about missing knob gfx here, at the bottom, point #16: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82113.msg110802#msg110802

There is also a video showing this weird behavior: http://www.screencast.com/t/XVph1L8R2x

Did you experience some other knobs missing too? If you could, post a quick screencap, it will make it a lot easier for Arturia developers to get to the bottom of the problem.

terrym

• Beta-testers
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 03:20:03 pm »
That's good. I believe Kosmology posted about missing knob gfx here, at the bottom, point #16: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82113.msg110802#msg110802

There is also a video showing this weird behavior: http://www.screencast.com/t/XVph1L8R2x

Did you experience some other knobs missing too? If you could, post a quick screencap, it will make it a lot easier for Arturia developers to get to the bottom of the problem.
seems like a window problem

Kosmology

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 03:36:42 pm »
I'm beginning to suspect that a few issues are due to some Preset format differences that have crept in, especially because you can fix them by correcting and saving the project, However even though resaving all the projects would correct them this wouldn't take into account backwards compatibility with older projects created with v1 etc.. They will need fixing at the code level if that is the problem.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 03:46:13 pm »
Yes I always include screenshots or screencaps when and if those are helpful in my reports. That's good to clearly illustrate a more complex issue or support shorter descriptions.

The ones I reported relate to FX knobs like Kosmology issue, on some preset loading.

So that's also seen in Distortion, Analog Chorus, Leslie and Sub Generator both in Studio and Mixer views.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:50:07 pm by Koshdukai »

Kosmology

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 03:51:29 pm »
Yes I always include screenshots or screencaps when and if those are helpful in my reports. That's good to clearly illustrate a more complex issue or support shorter description.

The ones I reported relate to FX knobs like Kosmology issue, on some preset loading.

So that's also seen in Distortion, Analog Chorus, Leslie and Sub Generator both in Studio and Mixer views.

Do you have the vids online? I'd be very interested to see them. So far I've only experienced the missing knob issue once with a Macro Knob.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2014, 03:58:49 pm »
Do you have the vids online? I'd be very interested to see them. So far I've only experienced the missing knob issue once with a Macro Knob.
Nope, simply included the screenshots on the email.

Examples of those issues:
 Add a Sub Generator FX and load the "Shopped Low Dirt" preset. Check if the Type selector switch disappears.
 Add a Distortion FX and load the "Tube_Drive_01" or "Tube_Drive_02" preset. Check if the Type knob disappears. Then load the "Overdrive" preset and see if the knob shows up again.

Kosmology

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2014, 04:00:08 pm »
Great, thanks for the info :)

Seiishu

• Proud SparkLE user
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2014, 07:18:27 pm »
Yes, I'll try to upload video whenever I can, but my connection is not the best one and even smallest videos are taking some time to upload and process on YouTube or Vimeo (although I upload them at maximum allowed quality settings so they are clean,sharp and easy to follow... there is no point in uploading crappy looking video, no one would understand what's going on in it).

I did this one showing this little GUI bug I stumbled upon, and I believe these can help Arturia understand and narrow down the problem faster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aXSqtgBLV8&hd=1

...and this one couple of minutes ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rer1_dRn3DQ&hd=1

@Koshdukai - that is great too. Screenshots are also going to help a lot, in many cases it's a lot easier to understand them than trying to explain with words... especially if there is bunch of bugs that are pretty similar in their nature.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:25:39 pm by Seiishu »

B1t Crunch3r

« Reply #41 on: Today at 04:34:33 am »
Using Spark 2 with Renoise 3 as my DAW I found what appears to be a bug. When turning the Divide knob it effects the value of the Move knob. I don't recall that happening in 1.7.2. I am using Spark CDM controller with the software.

Using Maschine 2.2.1 I found that the vst plug-in of spark loads and the main page is definitely Spark 2 but the sequencer and mixer are clearly from the old Spark software. It's like it is still Spark 1 wearing the face of Spark 2.

Overall the software is excellent (Where it does work well). I'm really hoping that official release of Spark 2 will work well with Renoise 3 and Maschine 2. Thanks for getting the new software solid. I love it so far. I'll get to more extensive use soon but i noticed those things right away.

Cheers

B1t Crunch3r

« Reply #42 on: Today at 04:58:41 am »
"Using Maschine 2.2.1 I found that the vst plug-in of spark loads and the main page is definitely Spark 2 but the sequencer and mixer are clearly from the old Spark software. It's like it is still Spark 1 wearing the face of Spark 2."

Correction. It seems to be working fine in Maschine after reloading it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines