April 20, 2024, 02:30:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using the MMV as a dedicated v-synth  (Read 3003 times)

kk01

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using the MMV as a dedicated v-synth
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:25:52 am »
Hello,

I will be glad if someone can please help me with this challenges I am facing.

I would like to have the MMV as a dedicated v-synth on a PC which will be attached to my recording set-up but I don't know how to go about it.

What  I mean is, just like you will have your Korg Triton on Yamaha Motif in your recording set-up.

Also, I will like to have more than one preset at a time in this set-up (multiple outputs)...which means, I will like to have more than one sound/signal sent to the mixing console. I guess this might involve a VST host...I use FL Studio at the moment..

Can anyone please help...

Kind regards...
'KK'

Phil999

Re: Using the MMV as a dedicated v-synth
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:34:10 am »
all you need is a MIDI connection to your computer, and an ASIO audio card. When you run MMV in standalone mode, you will only have two output channels. If your card has more then two outputs, and you want to use them for your virtual synths, you can run several MMV's in a VST host application and route each MMV to a mono or stereo output.

It is also good to have MIDI controllers with lots of knobs to make better use of the virtual synth. Best to have one with parameter feedback, so that the controller displays the actual state, even when the GUI is not visible.

kk01

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Using the MMV as a dedicated v-synth
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:02:01 pm »
thank you very much for the message...I can already feel the power of this syth...

but there was something you said...,

...Best to have one with parameter feedback, so that the controller displays the actual state, even when the GUI is not visible...

Can you please recommend one for me...one with plenty of knob that is...

Thank you so much...

Regards,
'KK'

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines