July 26, 2014, 09:09:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latching the slicer  (Read 868 times)

ZRS

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Latching the slicer
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:50:31 am »
Kevin,

I there a way to latch the slicer in any mode so that the effect stays and you can switch to the filter. Let's say reverse at 1:1 (Hold in reverse mode) the switch to filter and apply?

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
Re: Latching the slicer
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:55:57 am »
Hi there!

I have the impression that the FX section is like an Insert slot before the master volume.
The effects are in line and can use one at a given time, not parallel AFAIK. Maybe i'm
wrong though... ::) It could be cool to have this kind of added functionality on these effects!
I guess one more feature request added to the list. ;D

Cheers!
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

ZRS

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »
Yeah, I was afraid of that. My favorite way to work is to build all of my base patterns and then alter them live during the performance. I do this for studio work as well. I feel that if I can't do it live, don't do it in the studio. I know that effects are not on the top of the list but the more diverse Spark is from other products on the market the more valuable it will be to the users. I have several hardware and software drum machines but they all need to have different functions. If I were making a drum machine from scratch I would throw in everything including the kitchen sink.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:12:16 am »
There is a way to do that.
Right click on the Slicer button and select "Always On".
Then the Slicer will continue even when you release the pad.
It is available for all Pad fx.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:22:46 pm »
Oups, sorry. Sean pointed to me that it is not the case.
But don't worry, Emily and I will take care of that.

KEvin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

CC4

• Beta-testers
    • http://home.cogeco.ca/~cc4/
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:40:01 pm »
i think the FX section is still screwy in version 1.1.

version 1.1 says it gives you the option of "touch" or "latch."  "latch" is more like "always on." if, for example, you use select "latch" then use the Slicer Reverse 1/4 and let go it still does the effect. however it doesn't let you really "latch" it because once you switch to the filter it stops.

it will allow you to go from one slicer effect to the next slicer effect though. for example, if you have "repeat" going and you hit slicer again (while in "latch") it goes to the "tape" effect and slows down. i don't know; the FX section just doesn't seem right.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines