Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark  (Read 4968 times)

Teacee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Music Web Net
Spark
« on: May 14, 2011, 03:07:49 pm »
I just received the Spark yesterday and wanted to give my two cents. I like the look and feel  it,except the legs stand feel a little fragile, but still in all nice weight to it and a very nice controller. Now as far as the installation and authorization easy and straight forward. I have run into a few bugs a few times already such as not changing effects when using the roller pad, so times it works and sometimes it may not work or it may use the wrong effect.  I also have had trouble using it as a virtual instrument in pro tools and logic. I have to restart spark for it to work and then ignore an update message. I feel it has a fast learning curve and is very fun to play. I can compare it with the Korg Electribe which  I use on my iPad. I see the comments where people try to compare it with Native Instruments Maschine, whichnis apple in oranges, two different products. Yes they ar both hybrid and require a computer but Maschine is more of a workstation, where as spark is more of a drum machine and a great midi controller for instruments and djing.
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8 22gb of ram Mac OS 10.9.2
Aruria V collection 3, Arturia Spark, Laboratory & Lab, NI Komplete 2-9, Maschine 2.0, Akai Mpc Reanissance, Livid Base Ableton Push and Live 9, Cubase 7.5.2 Pro Tools 10

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines