March 28, 2024, 10:32:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark froze in UPDATE, now I have blank LCD when I power on  (Read 4824 times)

minehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I was installing Spark to my Win7 laptop and the update froze at 7%, froze hard, nothing would respond, and now I have a completely blank LCD ! no, it wasn't plugged into a USB hub...OMG.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Spark froze in UPDATE, now I have blank LCD when I power on
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 10:34:19 pm »
Try the following:

1) Turn off the controller and unplug it from the USB port.

2) Close Spark (kill it if it's freezed too)

3) Connect the controller again to the computer's USB port and turn it on. If it doesn't come back on, try every other USB port or try using a powered USB hub or use a power supply so it receives power.

Sometimes, windows 7 USB power management goes beseark and doesn't supply enough power, even it usually does on that port.

Rebooting the computer can also solve this issue of correct USB powering output.

4) After getting the controller powered (even if unresponsive, don't worry) start Spark (software) and wait for it to detect the controller, complain about it not being updated and accept the update option.

If I remember correctly (when this happened to me) I had to try some of these steps 2 or 3 times, before if worked.

I'm obviously writing this by heart, so I may be forgetting something, so if it doesn't work like I described, I can try and check what I forgot about this :)

Good luck!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:03:18 am by Koshdukai »

minehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:32:56 am »
ok, thanks very much for your help, I'll try this out and keep my fingers crossed.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:45:49 am »
Hi MineHead,
What you describe looks like a firmware corruption.
I will contact you in PM to solve this.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:24:34 pm »
Just as a follow-up on what I've posted: Found the notes I had when this happened to me!
tried to use Spark's firmware update while a song/pattern was running and while the song keeps playing, the controller becomes irresponsive with "Spark Updater" displayed.

As I expected, turning the controller off then on won't reset this state, but fortunately running Spark's firmware updater again (had to restart Spark because it eventually crashed) auto-detected the controller needed to be updated and it solved this.

So this has happened to me once (the controller becoming essentially "dead", without a proper firmware running) and the updater was able to still send the firmware on a 2nd try, which was a big relief :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:27:13 pm by Koshdukai »

massive

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:38:39 pm »
Hi MineHead,
What you describe looks like a firmware corruption.
I will contact you in PM to solve this.

Kevin
why dont you let us all no istead of pming someone? dont you think it would be nice to know if it happens to us? jeesh!

Antoine

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 12:22:52 pm »
why dont you let us all no istead of pming someone?
Because it is an advanced restoration process, currently only known by our distributors who are legitimate to handle this kind of problem. For the very moment, we (Kevin & I) handle urgent and critical cases on-the-fly.
No one would want the holy Spark to catch a bad reputation just because a couple of isolated cases. That would be really unfair.  ;)
dont you think it would be nice to know if it happens to us?
Publicly revealing an internal tech note might be helpful for some users... or create a lot of unwanted tech support if widely misused!
You know how users can be curious sometimes: even if their unit run OK, they will ineluctably want to check if it works "better" after applying a tech note. :o
ex-Arturian

solara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 03:10:27 am »
Antoine - do you know the restoration process.. I need to know I just posted - SPARK DEAD -

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »
bump :(

jptherrien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »
Same here, opened a ticket at Arturia support ages ago (case 117400), never received any help. Now it's just an anvil taking up space at my place.

Can somebody tell us what's the super secret procedure, or should I just dump it in the trash and rightfully badmouth Arturia's products as much as possible?

jptherrien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 08:08:32 pm »
Good news, quickly got help, and my Spark is working fine now.

Thanks  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines