March 28, 2024, 07:16:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark activation  (Read 5268 times)

gilles_b

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark activation
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:01:50 am »
I tried the Spark demo, and i'm favorably impressed.

Good job.....  :)

Now, i'd like to know one thing : what is the activation scheme ? C/R, serial, key, computer ID ?

In fact, my concern is to know that one : in case of drive failure, OS upgrade/change, hardware upgrade, computer swap, etc., can I expect to  freely reauthorize, and if there is a "reauthorize counter", how many times before starting to worry  ?

Nowadays, there are so many reasons to not be sure of having a "forever install" that I'd prefer to know what to expect in this regard !

Thanks in advance for the information, Arturia team !

gilles_b

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark activation
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »
Sorry if I sound impatient....

But this makes 5 days with no response to my question, and I start wondering if this is so much, asking before purchase how intrusive or restrictive the copy protection is ?  ???

I for one don't think it should be a secret, and I'm surprised that no one at Arturia seems to care for a reply to this basic question.

Spark looks like a worthy contender to the current german drum machine bestseller, and I'd like to go that way...
But a little more attention (or just transparency ?) from the company would help the decision !
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:12:11 pm by gilles_b »

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:30:35 am »
Hey!

i'm a user only... ;)
i had to register my serial at my arturia user acount and they sent me directly an activation number.
Spark is asking for this number to switch to non demo mode.

First i thought i have to transfer the license to my eLicenser dongle, but Spark is running without that!
AND i looked into my Arturia acount:
Spark is the only product which has got NO counter for reauthorizing.
So i think they do not count it, because it's coupled (yes i know, software is running without it too!) to the hardware, or better it's MORE fun with the hardware, nobody will use it without the hardware...

I hope this helps. ;)
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

gilles_b

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:59 am »
Hello guardner,
I thank you very much for this information !
yes, I was thinking that the Spark controller already can be considered as a trustworthy dongle of some sort.... ;)
so the need for a c/r or authorization counter would be redundant IMO.
Well, it's good to know.

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:57:26 am »
Hi Gilles, (français?)
You can drop an eye in the Spark Holy User's Manual, around chapter 3, for all information needed.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines