March 28, 2024, 09:43:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pattern COPY/MOVE from the controller  (Read 9332 times)

massive

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Pattern COPY/MOVE from the controller
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 07:21:17 am »
thanks you old dog and im going to visit this forum on a daily basis, so i can decide on my own if its ready to dish out big bucks or not.dont get me wrong i think it sounds amazing but i really think it was released a little early.

yeah.another reason i took this thing back...really bad design in so many way..i hard to believe they want the same price as maschine! makes me laugh!!!

Thanks for the update, at least you're free of this "bad" product now!
So, we all hope you'll enjoy your Maschine and at least make something useful with it or keep you busy, rather visiting this forum and prove again how illiterate you actually are! I wonder if English is your primary language (which i doubt), cause if it's true, one word is coming through my mind.. pathetic.
An advise from an older...  get a life!

Cheers!

[/quote]

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 12:17:37 pm »
thanks you old dog and im going to visit this forum on a daily basis, so i can decide on my own if its ready to dish out big bucks or not.dont get me wrong i think it sounds amazing but i really think it was released a little early.

You're very welcome to visit the forum, but you have to be at least polite!
Your overall behavior was awful, try to calm down and express your opinion
with an appropriate way. No one tried to impose his opinion on you, actually
you did it. This was your post :
this thing is garbage!! buy maschine before you ever buy this.i have maschine and never had any problems..fuck you arturia you released a product that wasnt meant to be released yet..assholes!!!

Wish i could get you in serious but you don't help me on this. Try harder next time! Maybe with an apology?
The puppies own their existence to the "old dogs" cause without them there is no future.(Animal Planet)
Hope you can understand...

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 12:19:32 pm by akiz »
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:20 pm »
I suggest, while press-holding a pattern button, select and press the pattern button to copy to. quick, easy without using other knobs or getting in the way of anything else!

for copying i was thinking this would be the easiest way to go about it also as it would make the compositional workflow smooth.

there would be some limitations when it comes to the four banks with this method.  for example, you wouldn't be able to copy pattern A-1 to C-8 (unless you'd want to implement holding down four buttons A, 1, C, & 8 ). ???

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 05:35:33 pm »
I suggest, while press-holding a pattern button, select and press the pattern button to copy to. quick, easy without using other knobs or getting in the way of anything else!

you wouldn't be able to copy pattern A-1 to C-8 (unless you'd want to implement holding down four buttons A, 1, C, & 8 ). ???
I'm guessing the source would be blinking waiting for a Pattern press or the usual sequence Bank, then Pattern.

Example:
1) press A (lights up A)
2) press'n'hold 1  (1 starts blinking with display msg "Copy Pattern to..." and all the other buttons light up)
3) press C (message still shows the same msg but bank buttons now are off, only C is on and pattern buttons are all light up still waiting)
4) press 8 (msg now shows "A1 copied to C8" and now only C and 8 are light up).

Maybe a variation of this would be to press'n'hold the target to force a move (or swap, maybe?) instead of a copy.

EDIT: Of course, if the copy/swap happens on the same bank, the sequence would be:

1) press A (lights up A)
2) press'n'hold 1  (1 starts blinking with display msg "Copy Pattern to..." and all the other buttons light up)
3) press 8 (msg now shows "A1 copied to A8" and now only A and 8 are light up).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:23:32 pm by Koshdukai »

massive

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 12:07:06 am »
yeah.i was being an idiot,but I had wasted a couple days trying to fix the thing,also before this happened I was having major crackles in Maschine.Yeah I am sorry peeps!

You're very welcome to visit the forum, but you have to be at least polite!
Your overall behavior was awful, try to calm down and express your opinion
with an appropriate way. No one tried to impose his opinion on you, actually
you did it. This was your post :
this thing is garbage!! buy maschine before you ever buy this.i have maschine and never had any problems..fuck you arturia you released a product that wasnt meant to be released yet..assholes!!!

Wish i could get you in serious but you don't help me on this. Try harder next time! Maybe with an apology?
The puppies own their existence to the "old dogs" cause without them there is no future.(Animal Planet)
Hope you can understand...

Cheers!
[/quote]

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 07:04:57 pm »
I'm guessing the source would be blinking waiting for a Pattern press or the usual sequence Bank, then Pattern.

Example:
1) press A (lights up A)
2) press'n'hold 1  (1 starts blinking with display msg "Copy Pattern to..." and all the other buttons light up)
3) press C (message still shows the same msg but bank buttons now are off, only C is on and pattern buttons are all light up still waiting)
4) press 8 (msg now shows "A1 copied to C8" and now only C and 8 are light up).

Maybe a variation of this would be to press'n'hold the target to force a move (or swap, maybe?) instead of a copy.

EDIT: Of course, if the copy/swap happens on the same bank, the sequence would be:

1) press A (lights up A)
2) press'n'hold 1  (1 starts blinking with display msg "Copy Pattern to..." and all the other buttons light up)
3) press 8 (msg now shows "A1 copied to A8" and now only A and 8 are light up).

sounds groovy to me.  ;)

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 12:50:42 pm »
Yeah I am sorry peeps!
:)
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

Andrew Held

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 06:43:18 am »
Ah, but it can be done!

Hold down [SELECT] and press [ERASE]
    The Pattern select wheel will light up
    Press the (Bank ->) Pattern button you wish to copy from
    Press the (Bank ->) Pattern button you wish to copy to
    The Controller LCD will say ‘Copying Pattern X to X’
    Done

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines