April 24, 2024, 06:34:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: GUI of other Vsti not showing after closing Mg Modular  (Read 21452 times)

ylarin

GUI of other Vsti not showing after closing Mg Modular
« on: May 24, 2004, 03:18:19 pm »
Hello,

Cubase SL 2x
Windows XP

This is a strange bug.  After I have opened Mg Modular, some of my other Vsti refuse to load up correctly.  But just the GUI.  I see a gray background, but still can hear the sound and change the presets.

If I shutdown and startup Cubase it works again, I can load my Vsti's.

Can someone help on that bug ?

Thank you,

Yannick

ylarin

Any feedback ???
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 09:49:32 am »
Hi,

No reply yet on this issue...

Maybe I was not clear... so I will give more details.

1st:
IT IS AN IMPORTANT ISSUE !!!

2nd:
The problem is both with Mg Modular V and CS80. And I have graphical issues with these VSTi's only.

3rd:
Problem occur in Cubase SL latest version. As well as in my modular environment EnergyXT. So it is not a Cubase only issue...

4th:
Not 100% of the time, but almost always finish to happen after a while, the GUI become VERY slow.  If I only show the keyboard view then it help. But if I close Cubase and reopen the plugin after, it is ok again.  But just for a while. It is not a constant problem that occur always after x seconds...

5th:
Very often, after I have close Mg Modular V, the GUI of other VSTi plugins I try to load does not show.  But if I reopen Mg Modular V, and then reopen the Vsti it shows.  It is a graphical issue only because I can hear the sound of my other Vsti...

6th:
My system is...
Laptop Dell Inspiron 8100
NVidia onboard 16Mb video card
1 gHz Intel processor
512 Meg RAM
Windows XP Home edition

Please Arturia give me some feedback...  I think that at the price the plugins are I should at least expect a feedback...

This graphical bug makes me very upset.  For me it means:  If I use Arturia's plugins, I will have to agree to reload Cubase several times... wich is boring and should not be the case... So what happens most of the time is that I hesitate to load your plugins into my projects because I know it will cause trouble.

The plugins are just fantastic, but these bugs make me not use them.

So, I hopfully wait for a feedback here.  Am I the only one with this issue ? Is there anybody out there with the exact same system configuration that manage to have everything works smoothly ?  If yes then I will plan to reinstall from scratch my Windows XP.  Only for these plugins since they are the only ones that create problems...

Thank you,

Yannick

xavier

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 01:34:39 pm »
Thank you yannick for this complete report. We will try to reproduce it in Cubase SL and fixe it before the next version of the MMV.
Could you send us a mail to support@arturia.com we will contact you
Best regards
Xavier

doctec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.doctechnical.com
A couple of things you could try...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 08:07:07 pm »
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed all critical WinXP OS updates, as well as any other available updates that might help, from the Windows Update site (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com).

- Go to the support/download area of the Dell site and see if there are updated video drivers available for your Nvidia hardware.

- If your NVidia laptop hardware supports it, look into increasing the amount of video memory (16MB is a little thin).

- Try running the software with your display set to a lower resolution and/or fewer colors to see if it has any effect on the problem.

- Carefully examing all WinXP settings relative to the way it uses system and video memory ... there is a possibility your laptop is using some system memory for video purposes, which you don't want it to do if you can avoid it.

Hopefully one or more of the suggestions above will help solve your problem.

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:13 am »
Hi

I have also the same GUI-Problem in Cubase 4 and i had it also in earlier Cubase-Versions, this Bug exists since the release of the first Arturia-VSTi. All Arturia-VSTi's i own are producing this Problem. This is the worst bug at all. When will this be fixed? I only use the VSTi-Versions but they are nearly useless until this bug will be fixed

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:11:16 pm »
It happens to me as well (MMV & CS80V), but only when I've had Cubase open for longer than 3 or 4 hours, and even then it's not every time.  A reboot and a round or two in BF2 and I'm back in business.
[/I]

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 04:45:45 pm »
I can reproduce it at any time i want, it's horrible! I don't want to restart Cubase continously, this is not acceptable. I wanted to buy further VSTis from Arturia, but under these circumstances i will not do so, i can't use them seriously in the condition wich they are now.

Please Arturia can you confirm that you can and will fix this bug?

@overState2007
BF2 is cool but doesn't help me to use the Arturia-VSTi's seriously. ;-)

FBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Same here!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 09:54:51 pm »
Same problems here! Greatings David

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 12:30:22 am »
BF2 is cool but doesn't help me to use the Arturia-VSTi's seriously. Wink

true dat, true dat
[/I]

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:37 am »
Bump!?

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 01:57:06 am »
Try PM'ing Vincent T.  Seriously though, if several error threads haven't convinced them to release an update, one more will not.

I hate it too.
[/I]

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 05:42:46 pm »
Hello, does anyone from Arturia read in this Forum???

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 10:41:18 am »
yep...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 01:07:24 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent T"
yep...

Hi

Can you confirm this bug and will it be fixed soon? It would be great to use the VSTis without this bug.

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 05:26:02 pm »
Hello? Can i get a feedback at least? I think it shouldn't be to hard for you to fix this bug.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines