March 28, 2024, 06:09:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems problems..  (Read 2778 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Problems problems..
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:10 am »
Hi,

Must say that after a nice honeymoon with Spark quite many small and some bigger things start to disturb our relationship. No doubt Spark is going to be a marvelous thing, if it works someday. Unfortunately at the moment there are far too many bugs here and there. There must be something with this company because all (or at least all that I have had) of their products seem to have these two sides: in principal Arturia makes great products but all of them have kind of unfinished quality. Maybe they just have too many products and too few guys working with them. Maybe they are too busy to put new products on market that older products leave unfinished.

(My) newest problem with Spark is again with synth part: If I load a project with a special synth bass (my own sample) which has decay value 154ms. I can see this 154ms on the screen but in reality value seems to be 0ms. In other words, sound has no decay. So I have to press this knob to make it have this 154 value (I don't actually have to move it). Small but irritating thing. This makes me wonder that are there other parameters behaving like this.

So please give us a update soon. You're all the selling a product which is not there yet. With my past experiences with Arturia I did know what to expect. But I can imagine that many new customers are angry because they thought that they bought a working device.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:33:16 am by JacksonP »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Problems problems..
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:28:10 am »
Hi Jackson,
in the forthcoming update, we improved the decay parameter for sampled instrument.
Its range will be defined by the length of the sample.
About your issue, did you try to re-save the project after setting the decay correctly?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:29:45 pm »
About your issue, did you try to re-save the project after setting the decay correctly?

Kevin

Yes. Many times. This is a clearly a bug, because you can see the correct value (knob position and exact value when you move the arrow over the knob) but when you play pad or sequencer you can hear that the value is 0 (or close).

In general there's something very strange with these attack and decay parameters. Maybe I don't fully get the idea of them. I can for example turn Attack knob to it max value (13800ms) and still hear sharp attack (but also very long "decay???). Then if I just press - not move it - decay which is in my experiment having value 231, this cuts the decay. There's no logic to me how do these work...?

...And don't forget the problem with pitch also. Sequencer doesn't give first pitch of the sequence but default pitch value instead.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:46:13 pm »
The pitch issue has been solved too.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 08:23:01 pm »
The pitch issue has been solved too.

I am glad to hear that  :). But please check attack & decay parameters of sample playback (factory analog bass sounds seem to work better with decay parameter; but they don't in fact have attack parameter at all).

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 09:32:37 am »
First, Thanks for the update!   :)

These comments are based to my first tests with 1.1.2 in mac environment:

From "my list" the most annoying bug is now fixed: step sequecer is now getting the correct (modified) pitch! Now it's possible for example to export audio correctly.

Also, mouse arrow positioning seems to be OK too in song mode (taking patterns to song row). Giving pitches with (same mouse arrow) in step sequencer is also better configured but IMO it could be still a little more precise. Now the value is few millimeters lower than peak of the arrow. Ok, maybe you can learn to use this but still I'd fix it if possible.

Decay problem (see the first post) is still there...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines