March 28, 2024, 10:25:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Full Version Products Sounds in "The Laboratory"  (Read 4037 times)

josephlevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Full Version Products Sounds in "The Laboratory"
« on: August 04, 2011, 02:59:07 am »
I have "The Laboratory" and the Analog Laboratory software and I also own the Jupiter-8V, Prophet-V2, ARP2600 V2, CS-80V2 and Mg Modular V2. I understand how to edit those products' sounds in the Analog Laboratory software.

My question is, if I'm trying to play the other non-AL preset sounds in, say, the CS-80V2 using "The Laboratory" controller, is there any reason to keep the Analog Laboratory software open?

Are there any controller issues that require me to keep that software open?

If I wanted to add a sound from the full version that's not on the AL version, is the software completely programmable in AL so that all sounds could potentially be in AL?
MacPro 2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon  26 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.7.2
MOTU Digital Performer 7.24, Plogue Bidule .9716,
Arturia CS-80V2.5.0, ARP2600 V2.5.0, Prophet-V2.5, Jupiter-8V2.0.2, Moog Modular V 2.6, Analog Laboratory 1.3.1

josephlevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Full Version Products Sounds in "The Laboratory"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 03:06:33 am »
A follow up to my post. I'm sure that this will still turn out to be a great purchase, but, my main reason for buying this was because I thought that "The Laboratory" controller was going to be set up so that it automatically controlled the full versions, so, that you could have a better interface for scrolling through presets and tweaking.

Pipe dream or is there a way that through the Analog Laboratory software that this can be achieved?
Mac OSX 10.7.2
Arturia CS-80V2.5.0, ARP2600 V2.5.0, Prophet-V2.5, Jupiter-8V2.0.2, Moog Modular V 2.6, Analog Laboratory 1.3.1

josephlevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:33:51 am »
I'm keeping this thread busy. Okay, now that I think I've got my head wrapped around this,it seems like I can do everything in Analog Laboratory.

I think the only reason I'd need to still use the full standalones would be if I wanted to have two separate keyboard controllers playing two separate modules at the same time (I know that can split them, but, I've never liked that approach).

So, my new question is, are the synths fully programmable (every singe parameter) available to tweak and save in AL (if you own the full ones of course)? Is there anything missing from the full standalone plugins? Do I hypothetically ever need to open those plugins again?

I believe from everything I'm reading that I won't. The presets themselves aren't that important to me as much as full tweaking capability.
Mac OSX 10.7.2

josephlevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:52:49 pm »
I played with the controller and software until very late last night. Excellent interface. The presets scrolling on the full versions was really a painful process and the volume extremes from one patch to the other was very frustrating.

The new "package" is really thoughtful in those regards.

I realize that I was overlooking that I could do the two keyboard/two Analog Laboratory thing easily as plug in instances in DP or Bidule. Duh.

So, the one question remains: Will I be missing anything by only using Analog Laboratory and not opening the full versions (in standalone or as a plug in)?
Mac OSX 10.7.2

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 05:46:21 pm »
Hi,  I'm glad to see you've kept the thread alive, although you seem to be the only one answering your own questions ;) 

I'm curious about how to "import" all of the sounds from the other modules (I have the full V-collection) into AL so that I can use it to catalog and search all sounds from one place.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

vaikl

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 12:40:18 am »
@viger:
Seems that AL uses it's own preset format (*.alpreset here on a Mac) so you won't get other presets imported.

@josephlevie:
I'm also new to AL and to the other products, but I've just found out that you can easily make your own user presets with full advantage of the other synths if you have the full versions. Just open an AL preset which was made with the synth you're interested in, go to edit mode and open the synth GUI, tweak your sound and save it in AL as a user preset.

Curiously enough Arturia has blocked the easy way to access all presets from the single synths by just placing a savage slim black bar over the preset menus, saying "Loaded by Analog Laboratory" :o This is also annoying because it jumps unsynced all over the monitor if you move the GUI window of the synth.

But the workaround here is to open the Sound MAP window of a synth and select a preset to tweak. This will be saved as a user preset in AL in the same way ;)

vaikl

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 01:05:55 am »
Uhm, what I've forgotten: You can't edit or build your own parameter knobs in a user preset, so it's better to rely on the full versions of the single synths than to use AL only.

Hope that answers your last question, josephlevie.

josephlevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 02:22:10 am »
Thank you, vaikl.
Mac OSX 10.7.2

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:14:05 pm »
Sorry folks but your missing a very important point here....

It's the V-Collection 2 now! And that means ??? Right! Ther is an easy way to import presets from all V-Collection 2 synths into your Laboratory.

Wanna know how?  ;D I guess so......
You'll find the answer in this thread: Solutions!

Read it, try it, love it!  :D

And don't forget to applaud for me if these tips were helpful for you!   ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines