March 28, 2024, 11:54:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Autotest fail  (Read 3830 times)

fatexxiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Autotest fail
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:02:12 am »
I'm having a ton of problems with spark. It's come down to the point that I can't even use it. Pads and buttons work only when they want to. It's almost as if it's sending the wrong messages to the software plus a ton of latency. Sometimes when it boots I get an "Autotest fail" with a strand of letters/numbers. Any help would be great.

fatexxiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Autotest fail
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:08:54 am »
007f,01f8,03,07 is the autotest fail code.

Sometimes when it boots it will act normal, then when I start shifting through sequences and such, it basically just freezes and pads become unresponsive. It's very frustrating

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:43:56 am »
Hi,

I forwarded your message to the guy in charge of the hardware. He is better than me to answer to you.
He should get back to you soon.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

fatexxiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:19:37 pm »
I updated my mac (not sure if this had anything to do with it) and unplugged some controllers I use when I use bootcamp windows, and it seems to be working now. I tried everything for hours yesterday, mac restarts, different usb ports, etc. not sure what the mac update might have changed but it seems working for now

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:32:16 pm »
Actually, this problem can happen when the computer does not provide enough power to the controller.
Where you on Windows or on MAC OS when it happens?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

fatexxiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:22:14 pm »
Im on a mac. it was working fine for some time yesterday, today its actually doing the same thing this morning. I'm thinking it may be a power problem as well, as some of the pads work and others don't, and vice versa sometimes. Will any 9v transformer+plug work? I need to get the ball rolling here. getting frustrated
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:44:08 pm by fatexxiv »

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 03:08:24 pm »
Hi,
indeed your problem looks to be due to USB bus underpower issue. It could be either, because you use too many bus powered usb devices at the same time, or either that your USB controller is a bit weak (is it a laptop?). Spark has plenty of Leds on it so it's a bit power hungry...
You have two different solutions available to power it:
1 - use a powered usb hub and plug spark on it.
2 - use an external power adapter 9V, 500mA(minimun), center positive (please refer to your spark manual for more details).

Hope it will help

Bruno
Arturia Hardware
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

fatexxiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 11:26:42 pm »
I use an 2010 imac and honestly not many USB powered devices are on. I also have a Belkin USB Hub that's powered by 120v., and it's not working from there either, both in standalone and VST/Au mode. I got suggested to reinstall software/license software and I did, still nada. Most controls don't function and when they do they are messed up. For instance if I turn the "master volume" knob, sometimes it will trigger "play" or scroll through the pattern banks, very frustrated overall

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 11:25:59 am »
Ok it's looks like of more complex issue than I expected.Power things might only apply to autotest failed problem. Strange knobs behaviour is related to midi-usb communication.
My dear collegue from technical support just forwarded my a case that looks to be yours. I will try to fix it with you though technical support. Please wait for our upcoming answer.

Cheers

Bruno
Aturia Hardware
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines