March 19, 2024, 11:16:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with 8v in Ableton-Anyone using it?  (Read 2601 times)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Help with 8v in Ableton-Anyone using it?
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:41:06 pm »
Hi,  I have Analog Laboratory and V-Collection and I'm trying to use it in Ableton Live to run a set for live performances.  I see that AL/V-Collection does not respond to MIDI program changes.  I need to have a different sound/patch in different patterns within Live.

I have our entire set list in 1 Ableton Live Set.  The goal is to run each scene within Live as a separate song.  Starting the Live scene sends patch changes to all of my equipment.  I am hoping that there is a way to make this also work with AL/V-coll so that when I change the scene within Live, the appropriate sound is called up within Al/V-coll.

Has anyone figured out a work-around for this?  As much as I love the sounds in these products, their implementations seem to be VERY limiting!

Thanks for your help.

vaikl

Re: Help with 8v in Ableton-Anyone using it?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:16:19 pm »
I'm afraid that the sound browsing concept with multi-choice categories rather than the classic hierarchical concept with banks and programs/patches makes it impossible to use normal program change values. It's also a problem in modern plugins like the ones from Native Instrument.

If your comp is not too old and has enough power, you could try to work with more instances of the AL plugin in Live. I've encountered not so much additional ram hunger when using more than one instance.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines