March 19, 2024, 10:16:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there a CC# for arp hold?  (Read 4087 times)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is there a CC# for arp hold?
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:48:52 pm »
Hi,  I have a patch that has the arp hold set.  I need to be able to turn it on and off through out the song.  I would like to associate a controller to one of the buttons on my Analog Laboratory controller.  Is there a specific MIDI CC# for arp hold?

also, is there a way to show the CC# for every controller within the software synth?

Thanks for your help.

reddog

Re: Is there a CC# for arp hold?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:40:42 am »
Command+click (on a Mac, I don't know what the equivalent modifier key is on a PC) on the 'Hold' buttons and a dialogue box will appear giving you the choice of MIDI controller or NRPN number to use as a controller, by either clicking on the 'Learn' button, or by clicking on the word 'none' (a list of MIDI control numbers appears) and choosing which controller you want to use.

While saying this, I've just tried it out on my copy of Jupiter-8V2 Standalone.  The dialogue box appears but the controller does not actually work.  Must be a bug.

I've just tried Jupiter-8V (version 1) and it works.  You can assign a control numbers to the 'Hold' buttons.  So it does look like version 2 contains a bug.  Hopefully Arturia will fix this on their next update.

reddog

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 04:11:59 am »
Just an update on previous posting. 

You can assign MIDI control numbers to the 'Hold' buttons!

My mistake was trying to assign MIDI controller 6, which can't be assigned on newer Arturia instruments.

My apologies Viger.  Just follow my initial instructions and forget the stuff about there being a bug.

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:09:49 am »
Thanks for the info.  Here's my problem.  I need to be able to not only turn the arp hold off during the song, I need to turn it back on again.

I've set the stop button on the Analog Laboratory 49 controller that I'm using to the arp hold button.  It turns it off but it does not turn it back on again if I press it.

Is there some trick to this?

reddog

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:16:15 am »
There's no trick.  

Probably what you need to do is to assign the 'Hold' buttons to MIDI controllers on rotary knobs or sliders.  I've assigned MIDI controllers 11 and 12 to mine, but you can choose any you like (except 6, 32 and another one in the nineties - I've forgotten which one for the moment).

Just turn the assigned MIDI controller knobs (65 - 127 turns 'Hold' on, 0 - 64 turns 'Hold' off).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines