March 29, 2024, 03:29:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Yes or No question for Xavier  (Read 5318 times)

brad

Yes or No question for Xavier
« on: June 27, 2004, 01:43:14 am »
Do you have any plans to modify the MMV UI to be more friendly for dual monitor configurations?  As in not start maximized in 1248x768 resolution?  Better yet, remember window positions?  Same thing for mini Mg.

Thanks.

xavier

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 03:49:02 pm »
yes and no ! For MMV 2.0, the size will be choose by the user, with scroll available. but you will not be able to dispatch MMV on two differents monitors.

D.Sneed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 07:05:36 pm »
If at ALL possible you should really consider adding dual monitor support for MMV2.0  Having to swap back and forth between views and with all of the detail available makes it less then ideal to work with.  Even if it is a matter of only having the patch area on one monitor and the other two sections on the other monitor.

I think it would make programming the MMV much more enjoyable and easier to accomplish...
 :D
Dave

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 02:08:38 am »
If I understand Xavier, the new version of MMV will have a unified window, with scrolling capability. So we won't have to switch views, we will just scroll down or up, like Reason does. Or am I wrong? I like the idea. With a scroll wheel mouse it should be easy to use, and quite an improvement. Now, when's it going to be available? :-)
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

Brad

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 06:37:48 pm »
Xavier,
You said in 2.0 version.

1. Does that mean there will be no patch for 1.1 MMV?
2. Also, what about miniMg? It does the same thing.  Do I have to wait for 2.0 before buying it?

Note that for a patch I'm not suggesting the robust enhancements you are planning for 2.0.  I would just like the thing to not consume my second monitor with nothing but blank space.  Just start in a normal window sized specifically at 1024x768 (not 2048x768).

Thanks.

brad

V 2.0 promised feature not found
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 06:53:01 pm »
My original question was:

Quote from: "brad"
Do you have any plans to modify the MMV UI to be more friendly for dual monitor configurations? As in not start maximized in 1248x768 resolution? Better yet, remember window positions

Response:
Quote from: "xavier"
yes and no ! For MMV 2.0, the size will be choose by the user, with scroll available. but you will not be able to dispatch MMV on two differents monitors.

What does this mean - "For MMV 2.0, the size will be choose by the user..."?

The parent window *still* starts up in Maximized mode (2048x768 on a typical dual monitor workstation) and I can find no way to "choose" anything different or get it to "remember" a position.  Every startup requires 4 steps: Open, Restore, Move and Resize.

What am I missing or are we just not understanding each other?

xavier

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 04:42:22 pm »
Hello Brad,

When open the first time MMV2 will have the same windows size as MMV1. But you two button +/- on the upper right corner. Then you can reduce or increase your windows size. The next time you will open your MMV. It will take the last size.

Best regards
Xavier

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines