April 19, 2024, 02:38:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sound stops/VERIFY failure  (Read 11766 times)

DigitAl56K

Sound stops/VERIFY failure
« on: June 27, 2004, 05:37:05 am »
Storm 3 is great, but its FRIKKIN BUGGY!

Every once in a while, the entire sound system will just lock up and die. I can sometimes get it running again briefly by going through the audio options and changing the latency control.

After this happens and I exit Storm, I get a "VERFIY" error in ReWire.dll, even though I'm not using ReWire...

... which brings me to another point, ReWire doesn't even work! If I try to add a VirSyn Tera 2 synth to Storm 3 via ReWire the Tera 2 window just locks up, and ending its task of course kills Storm also. Grr!

That said, lets not make this all negative, you did a nice job on the UI and the MIDI import :)

However, is it just me or does everyone else have to resize the rack every time they want to see the midi control buttons also....

2dye4

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 06:00:11 am »
I'm experiencing the very same problems as you. The sound system locking up, having to resize the window all the time and the famous rewire dll error (when I haven't even tried to rewire anything) that at this point keeps me from exporting any track to wav or aiff. So for me what's the point... I found this to be a total waste of my money and very frustrating to the creative end of music. I've only used it a week and a half so far and have received too many errors to count. My system is strong and stable 2.5ghz amd with a gig of memory on win xp. I've got lots of resource hog music apps running all the time with no problem. Cubase, reason, and vst's. Back to the drawing board for this one, or they better come up with a major patch soon.... Thumbs down from me. Too bad, the program has wonderful sounds, but with all the crashes and bugs in the way how could you ever really get them out? Sighs......

2dye4

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 06:00:38 am »
I'm experiencing the very same problems as you. The sound system locking up, having to resize the window all the time and the famous rewire dll error (when I haven't even tried to rewire anything) that at this point keeps me from exporting any track to wav or aiff. So for me what's the point... I found this to be a total waste of my money and very frustrating to the creative end of music. I've only used it a week and a half so far and have received too many errors to count. My system is strong and stable 2.5ghz amd with a gig of memory on win xp. I've got lots of resource hog music apps running all the time with no problem. Cubase, reason, and vst's. Back to the drawing board for this one, or they better come up with a major patch soon.... Thumbs down from me. Too bad, the program has wonderful sounds, but with all the crashes and bugs in the way how could you ever really get them out? Sighs......

2dye4

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 06:01:09 am »

2dye4

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 06:05:51 am »

2dye4

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 06:06:12 am »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines