March 28, 2024, 11:37:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Laboratory Crashes Logic when selecting Presets and causes CPU spikes!  (Read 4233 times)

Kye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is anyone else suffering the following issues:?

* Logic crashes when selecting Presets.
* Huge delays before the presets will load.
* Very high CPU usage even with low rated CPU presets.
* The odd clicks and pops even with high latency selected and sometimes screaming loud headphone destroying noise (and ears).

This is not just the case with Analog factory; Jupiter crashes Logic also... in fact most of the V Collection causes problems with crashing and instability within Logic. I must point out the situation is quite different in standalone mode.

I have contacted support weeks ago and still have these issues unfortunately and don't know what else to do.

I have totally formatted my whole machine (Mac Pro 2.93Ghz Quad 8gb Memory) and re-installed all software to the latest versions and everything works seamlessly until I instal the V collection. Only the Arturia software causes crashes and instability. If I don't use it everything is perfect.

I notice there are other people suffering exactly the same problem:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=2950.0

Can anyone help with this problem... I've had poor support from Arturia and need to get this sorted.

Thanks

jayone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
i also made a thread too so hopefuly one of us gets a responce. seems their customer service is not that good which makes me question buying their products

vaikl

Jayone, it's unsuccessful to open double threads without telling us what specs your system has.

If it is a Mac, try to open AL only with the upside of the GUI (no keyboard view) and see if the load changes.

jayone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
that helped a lil but not enough, i have an imac i3 with like 4g ram

factory works like a charm, no cpu hogging at all  also i made one thread and posting in others so i have done nothing wrong bro

vaikl

that helped a lil but not enough, i have an imac i3 with like 4g ram

factory works like a charm, no cpu hogging at all  also i made one thread and posting in others so i have done nothing wrong bro

You are new to forums, aren't you? So don't wonder yourself if no one answers your questions because no one could know where. And surprisingly I'm not your "bro", dude.

If my hint helps a lil, then go to your sound card settings and rise the buffer size until you're hearing no crackling at all. AF as a plugin needs alot of RAM and buffers because the underlying audio units from the different synths are also RAM-hungry. 4GB with Logic and plugs like AF is not a stable environment.

jayone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
im not new to forums at all actualy.

my specs are more then fine.

like i said, factory works perfectly fine as laboratory dosent.

i was wondering if this is a common problem which is it.

again. i made one thread, posted in others. nothing is wrong with that but i see it bothers you. oh well. thanks for the advice though. I DO actually appreciate that

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines