March 19, 2024, 07:47:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keyboard dead after MCC update!!!  (Read 10769 times)

vaikl

Keyboard dead after MCC update!!!
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:12:04 am »
First things seemed to be better, but the chaos has happened: My Laboratory keyboard is dead now after some testing of the new MCC update >:( >:( >:( >:(

During checking the snapshot MIDI assignments in the MCC to see if they work in Ableton Live, I get a "Do you want to store to prs22?" message on the display of my KB and all buttons were suddenly dead. After switching it off and on again I got a blue screen, no startup message, no flashing LEDs and all buttons/keys/faders/encoders dead.

My iMac doesn't recognize it neither in the AL software nor in AudioMidiSetup any more, even after USB cable exchange or USB port reassignment.

If someone will asking the standard question: Yes, I've opened a support case with no. 102045.

THAT CAN'T BE TRUE, ARTURIA!!!!!

Antoine

Re: Keyboard dead after MCC update!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:38:53 am »
This problem is not related to the MCC itself, at all.
This firmware corruption occurred during the sequence of operations you did; obviously you discovered a serious bug, unseen till date. We are cooking a procedure explaining how to rebuild your keyboard firmware.
But once again your specific problem is not related to the MCC.
ex-Arturian

vaikl

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:11:40 pm »
Thanks again here in the forum, Antoine! Fast and solid support!

And I'm a happy man again ;D

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:48:58 am »
Glad to hear this!

I let you update your other posts here and here so. :)
ex-Arturian

vaikl

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »
Antoine,

I would like to update my posts, but not before someone has explained to me, why I always have a ChroTrns value of -01 on the keyboard, so that every key is transposed one note below? That happens after the reinitialization and can't be solved by saving the correct value on the board.

On every boot of the keyboard I have this offset now :(

poldidak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:14:33 pm »
This problem is not related to the MCC itself, at all.
This firmware corruption occurred during the sequence of operations you did; obviously you discovered a serious bug, unseen till date. We are cooking a procedure explaining how to rebuild your keyboard firmware.
But once again your specific problem is not related to the MCC.

I must have done a similar sequence of operations as this user for now my Lab 49 keyboard is exactly as described: blue screen, no button functions and not recognized by my Macbook. Any suggestions for rebuilding the firmware? Do I need to request warranty service for it?

poldidak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Regarding the hardware problems I described in a previous post (dead keyboard, etc), here is my request to Arturia's tech support (in blue) and their response (in red):

>Utilisation :   Stand-alone
>OS :            Mac OS 10.6.x
>Processor :    Intel Core 2 Quad
>Speed :       2 GHz
>RAM:            +2 Go
>Sound card :     none
>Problem :      Other
>
>Description:    I have the same issue as has been posted by other Lab 49 keyboard users. After a sequence of pressing snapshot buttons to save my 49 will no longer boot up or be recognized by my Macbook. When I switch it on I get a blank blue screen and all buttons are dark and dead. I noticed the forum said you are working on a solution. Certainly there must be one by now. Please advise if I need to send it in for warranty service or if there is a software/firmware fix available. Thanks.

"Analog Laboratory is not yet 64 bit compatible ,if you're using it in 64 bit mode ,that explains why you can't use it properly ,otherwise try updating it in this strict order :

1. <synthesizer> ==> http://www.arturia.com/updates
2. eLicenser Control Center ==> http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html

Launch the synthesizer in standalone mode to check everything runs just fine If for any reason the license download was interrupted,please use the "Maintenance" button on the eLicenser Control Center interface.

As a registered user ,once an update is available ,you will be notified by email .

Feel free to come back to me if still any problem or misunderstanding.
Yours musically,

Amine."

Now, first of all this response seems geared to software updates rather than rebuilding the firmware or software for the Lab 49 keyboard itself. Currently the keyboard powers up only to show boxes on the blue display and nothing but frozen buttons and knobs. My Mac won't even recognize that it's plugged into USB. So even if the updates Amine recommends are loaded how can they help fix a MIDI controller that the computer can't even see let alone update.

Anyone have any insight into this? I've sent the same questions to Amine at Arturia.

Thank you as always.

Phil

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace

Now, first of all this response seems geared to software updates rather than rebuilding the firmware or software for the Lab 49 keyboard itself. Currently the keyboard powers up only to show boxes on the blue display and nothing but frozen buttons and knobs. My Mac won't even recognize that it's plugged into USB. So even if the updates Amine recommends are loaded how can they help fix a MIDI controller that the computer can't even see let alone update.

Hey Phil,

I had a lot of problems with the latest updates of the V-Collection 2 (I can't use them under XP SP3 32bit) and ARTURIA said that there would be a problem with the Laboratory. I just asked the same as you in your case, but it's possible that an update for the Laboratory could fix this problems. As I understood the driver that is needed to use the hardware is installed while seting up the software so that a new version could maybe fix the problems you have.
But there has to be another solution too.

In my case the problem is that the Laboratory detects the V-Collection 2 Plug-ins but some bugs causing bluescreens and freezing my systems even if I try to use them in Standalone-Mode. Under XP I can't even use them at all but under Win 7 I had problems only if I detect them via Laboratory. Means under XP they're not running even if detection (integration) in Laboratory is turned of.
However, have you ever tried to run your keyboard on another system?
I can't believe that the hardware keyboard is damaged by the MCC.
I saw many many blue screens but fortunately my hardware was never effected (except of some MIDI-settings maybe).

Don't forget to have a look at this thread:
Solutions!

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 04:36:12 pm »
I had the same problem with my Laboratory 49. Does anyone know what the solution to the problem is?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines