March 29, 2024, 04:17:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Trial SEM for Mac gives error at end of installation every time...  (Read 3967 times)

jasonlee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Have tried repeatedly to install the new Mac version of the SEM demo, to no avail. I keep getting a "The Installation Failed" at the very completion of the installation. Does something need to be fixed or is there something special I need to do?

TIA!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Trial SEM for Mac gives error at end of installation every time...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:10:25 pm »
Hi Jason,
can you give me some details about your your computer (OS, CPU...)?
Can you also send me the log of the Installer?
 - press Cmd+L
 - choose "Show all logs"
 - at the end of the install BEFORE QUIT Installer, click on the save button at the top right of the Installer Log window.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

leonmols

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 05:09:02 pm »
Same here ...  I bought the SEM and just tried to install it. License has been accepted by eLicenser.

Here's the log:

Dec 16 17:29:37 macbookpro installd[10845]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Dec 16 17:29:46 macbookpro installd[10845]: *** process 10845 exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***
Dec 16 17:29:47 macbookpro installd[10845]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Resources.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fa41c18a6a0 {NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/Oberheim%20SEM%20V%20Installer/Oberheim%20SEM%20V.mpkg/Contents/Packages/Resources.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.arturia.pkg.OberheimSEM_Resources, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Resources.pkg”.} {
       NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
       NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cResources.pkg\U201d.";
       NSURL = "file://localhost/Volumes/Oberheim%20SEM%20V%20Installer/Oberheim%20SEM%20V.mpkg/Contents/Packages/Resources.pkg";
       PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.arturia.pkg.OberheimSEM_Resources";
   }
Dec 16 17:29:48 macbookpro Installer[10832]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Dec 16 17:29:48 macbookpro Installer[10832]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Dec 16 17:29:48 macbookpro Installer[10832]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Computer is a MacBook Pro, 2.66 Ghz Intel i7, 4 Gb, OS X Lion 10.7.2

leonmols

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 05:22:37 pm »
It's the eLicenser. get the lastest version and it will install (well, it did here)

Leon

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:34:18 pm »
Just a quick note...
Latest versions of the eLicenser Control Center can be found here: (direct links)
[MAC] http://download.elicenser.net/downloads/eLicenserControl.dmg
[WIN] http://download.elicenser.net/downloads/eLicenserControlSetup.exe
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines