March 19, 2024, 11:40:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark...Too Much Mouse Not Enough Deep Editing With The Hardware  (Read 1868 times)

MadeInMachines

Spark...Too Much Mouse Not Enough Deep Editing With The Hardware
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:23:52 am »
I watched a demo of how it works online and it's realized spark is nowhere near as good as it could be.

This demo was really helpful but made me realise that ultimately I don't want it. I really think arturia missed a trick. With so many pots on the hardware I thought you'd probably be able to do all if not the majority of things on the hardware. Once I start having to use a mouse I find that I might as well just keep using the mouse. I think it's a terrible waste to have dedicated knobs for each of your drum sounds so you can only tweak a few basic parameters.

Imagine if they had made it so that each drum sound had all 30 knobs available to tweak (all labelled). Then you could tweak that sound fully using the hardware. Then press on one of the pads for a different drum sound and all 30 pots would instantly map to control the new sound etc. Then you could easily flick between sounds and have full control. You could also have a mode like it currently has do you can control all the drums at once for live performance perhaps. What we really need though is deep editing and manipulation without the mouse. Seems more like a token effort at partial hardware control.

I really don't see how any producer could possibly disagree with this idea. Seems like win/win.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:25:55 am by MadeInMachines »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark...Too Much Mouse Not Enough Deep Editing With The Hardware
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:18 am »
Hi,
this is a good idea and maybe we could think to something like this for the future.
Actually there is a way to change the parameter assigned to a knob without using the mouse.
If you press select then turn a knob, you can choose among all the instrument parameters.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

tomeso

• Beta-testers
Re: Spark...Too Much Mouse Not Enough Deep Editing With The Hardware
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:15:17 am »
I watched a demo of how it works online and it's realized spark is nowhere near as good as it could be.
Most of the popular (and early) videos are based on OS 1.0.x which lacks many of the new features that were implemented in 1.1.3 and of course those which will be implemented in OS 1.1.4 which is currently in beta test.
Especially those two updates made it much easier to get rid of your mouse more often. So, to get a better understanding of how to work with the Spark hardware, you should take a test drive yourself and make sure that at least 1.1.3 is installed.

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines