March 28, 2024, 02:22:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: General question about knobs and switches who have no midi-assignment: WHY?!  (Read 1945 times)

HerrFrey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi,

first, I love the sound of the Arturia synths! Brilliant!

But again and again I'm wondering, why some knobs on ALL softsynths are not assigned. I mean knobs like oscillator-waveforms or the "on/off"-switches for the oscillators (for example miniMg), other switches, like the arp speed in miniMg too and so on...

This is very frustrating and annoying! Because the manual assigning of this parameters to a midi-adress for automation kills the fun to work with your synths, it is complicated - at least for me - and it does not work correct.

I know, with a right click, you can activate this knobs. But this does not work correct and it's so circumstancial! The biggest problem: when I reload the plugin in the same track or for other sessions, this settings are not saved with the instrument.

So where is the problem for Arturia, to give ALL knobs, switches and faders easy assignable midi-adresses like other softwaremanufakturers do?

Please, can this problem be solved in an update? It's so frustrating.

EDIT: I see in Oberheim SEM V all switches are assigned and they can linked to midi-controllers very easy. This should be the new "state of the art".   :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:47:55 pm by HerrFrey »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines