April 18, 2024, 02:58:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What if???  (Read 3015 times)

Syndromeda

What if???
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:29:03 am »
What if Arturia should release Origin OS 2.0 this year????
Including all they promised, so the CS-80 template...AND maybe the SEM template at once!!!
May my wish come true ;-)
Cheers,
Danny - Syndromeda
Life is music and music is life.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: What if???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:24:27 am »
A lot depends on how they really think about this product: Is it still worth manufacturing and developing? Only Arturia knows that for sure. And of course it's mainly about running business. Did Origin (first desktop and then keyboard also) sell like they hoped for? If not, are they little by little making it discontinued and stopping its development? This is my fear. Because I am quite sure that small companies like Arturia do not put much effort to discontinued products. But if they still continue its manufacturing and developing, everything is possible...

bigbrass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:39:04 pm »
 It doesn't look good, I'm afraid... I was just checking youtube for even a glimpse of origin at the 2012 NAMM, but no such luck. It seems they're not even trying to promote it anymore. Without a new update that would give people at least one of the major features promised (like CS-80 template plus fixes to some annoying bugs that are still lingering around), they have nothing to show. Meanwhile, the prices of origin are still very high, which in conjunction with uncertainty of origin's future keeps people from buying it. It's a vicious circle... It would be a major disappointment if arturia pulls the plug on origin now, without even trying.

Leo

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »
Let's all hope that it isn't true. Origin is a great product and more and more I use it, more I begin to appreciate it.

Speaking about templates, IMO those are maybe the most fascinating things with Origin. Take MiniMg for example: Origin is just the closest possible thing to playing real MiniMg. With all these features and physical knobs I can quite fast make all those sounds I can hear from classical recordings and yes, to my ears Origin sounds VERY close. With MM template it's just so much easier than with some another general type VA. Same goes with JP8. On the other hand, if I wanna make something completely different or new then I can experiment with all those modules and effects. To sum it, Origin is a marvelous combination of those two sides. This is one reason why would like to have more of those templates (promised CS-80 or new SEM). It's just so much fun and fascinating thing to have them inside one machine. This should be also the main selling point for O. There're tons of VAs but not another which emulates complete instruments like MM or JP8 (well, Korg Kronos has their own Korg analog synth if I am right) and which can also combine them.

BTW I saw Origin keyboard in one NAMM 2012 clip, so at least they had it there with them...

P.S. And still I'd like to have a well made supersaw (hypersaw, ultrasaw whatever) oscillator. I (have to) play commercial stuff as well to make my living.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:20:21 pm by JacksonP »

fusionface

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:34:53 pm »
I can only hope that thy continue the product development. I am still a strong supporter of this synth, and its sounds has provided so much in the way of possibilities. The CS-80 template is one of the main templates I have been waiting for.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 05:26:21 pm »
As Philippe has stated in other Origin forum topics, Origin firmware development has resumed, and there are already a couple updates planned. More details regarding the upcoming V1.4 will be available soon (next week, probably).

We did have an Origin Keyboard on the Arturia booth at Winter NAMM 2012.
I actually did a lot of Origin demos. Several artists spent quite some time playing it.
Of course, MiniBrute was the star of the show, but it also brought many people to discover other Arturia products such as Origin and Spark.

@JacksonP: you can make "xxxsaw"-type patches with the current Origin oscillators.
Here is a small SoundBank with a few examples/variations:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=5724.0
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:34:27 pm by Sean W »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 08:33:30 pm »
@Sean W

In fact I already had this sound bank made by mr.Ubukata. I still remember very well the discussion of super saw which lead to development of these presets.

Well, those presets are good. Maybe closest which you can have with recent Origin. To be honest, still I feel that they aren't exactly there yet. Check Jeruros mp3 example (made with another famous synth) and read his statement about what we need to improve in Origin to make something like... What do you think?

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=4605.15
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:16:15 pm by JacksonP »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines