March 28, 2024, 06:33:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniBrute  (Read 3442 times)

Tig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MiniBrute
« on: January 20, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »
So is the MiniBrute another reason resources were taken away from the Origin I wonder?

My Origin keyboard, S/N 00042 is still awaiting a lot of the promised features, and I have a feeling it may be waiting for them for a very very long time. I like my Origin as I'm sure most users do, but I think that Arturia are now taking advantage of that fact. It's time they stopped putting the Origin on hold for things like the Spark etc and gave us what it promised us in the first place. After all we have invested a lot of money in Arturia, almost £2500 UK pounds is not a trifling amount, and with hindsight I would have spent it elsewhere.

Come on Arturia, give us what we paid you for, not excuses.

Cord

Re: MiniBrute
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:19:24 pm »
I think Arturia designed the MiniBrute as master keyboard for our Origin!

:D

I have my order in!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:42:05 pm by Cord »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:22:32 am »
^ Actually it was Yves Usson who designed it, not Arturia......

Here's his forum.

Credit where credit's due, and all that  :)

DJ
--

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:57:56 am »
Well, actually it is a real "co-design".  :)
All the specs have been done all together (Arturia + Yusynth), then guru Yves designed the core of electronics, then Arturia did the integration, tuning, firmware, software, industrialization, distribution, commercial stuff, etc.
Good intelligence cooperation between DIY and regular business worlds. Love this.
ex-Arturian

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:45 pm »
^ Yes, sorry - I wasn't being precise. Of course it's an Arturia development project. Just wanted to make sure YuSynth gets his much deserved recognition for designing the guts of the Minibrute  :)

A very cool project - I hope YuSynth and Arturia get great success with it!

DJ
--

Tig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 01:14:27 am »
That's all very interesting about who did what on the minibrute, but you nicely sidestepped the question Antoine about why Origin owners are still waiting for the promised features.

Antoine

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:02:47 am »
Didn't want to sidestep anything, but the Origin questions are rather handled and answered by Philippe, who is the Lead Developer on this instrument, and you can see recent activity on another topic. On my side I have no real element to communicate, if not that "development is on its way".
ex-Arturian

An.unna.kid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 09:33:43 am »
I also ordered a Minbrute through my local vendor here. I have The Analog Ex, Sparks, origin desktop.

I just finished up an album here and The Origin was totally unbelievable when it came to "fitting in" and "Cutting through" the wall of guitars and vocals. I got to even say that without the Origin, the record wouldn't have sounded as modern as it does!

Cheers for this amazing synth ARTURIA!
Everything you do is magic IMHO

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines