March 19, 2024, 06:11:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Note Mapping  (Read 11748 times)

moogtube

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi Note Mapping
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:01:22 pm »
1.I have tried to use the MIDI controller software several times to re-map the midi note numbers assigned to the Spark pads. I go through the process, send to Spark controller. Then nothing changes when trying to record and playback in Cubase 6 on a Mac.

For Example: The Midi Note numbers record in from Spark C-2 (Kick), but Spark only receives the Kick on C3.

I have mostly used the General Midi mapping with Kick being C1, so I would like to get Spark to use a similar template.

Does anyone know how to achieve this in Spark? (re-mapping in the Midi Controller software has no affect)

2. Also Pads 1-8 on Spark seam to output the same note numbers as Pads 9-16, which renders Pads 9-16 useless and only allows me to use 8 pads at a time. All 16 Pads seam to receive different note numbers which is good.

Any assistance with these challenges is appreciated!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Midi Note Mapping
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:48:14 pm »
If you want to make Spark (software) to react to general MIDI mapping, go in Preferences view and change the "Choose MIDI Drum map model for Pads" to "General MIDI".
It should do the job.

If you want to make Spark Controller send GM mapping messages, you have to use MIDI Control Center and create a template.
When you edit Spark controller message in MIDI Control Center, this change only messages sent in MIDI Controller Mode but not when in Spark Controller Mode. As you noticed, when Spark is in MIDI Control Mode, the 1-8/9-16 button has no effect. We will try to improve this in a future update but I can not tell you when it will be done.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

limao

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:56:30 pm »
just curious if something happened there regarding the "1-8/9-16 button in controller mode"? i would like to use the controller also as DAW controller..which works fine...just 8 track limit :-(.. would be nice to have 16 or even 24 ;-)

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »
Not possible unfortunately due to lack of memory inside the controller.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

limao

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 04:10:30 pm »
thanks for the fast answer.. well, if it's not possible, it's not possible ;-)

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 06:25:12 pm »
Funny, I just mentioned the 1-8/9-16 function in a different thread...

Kevin, I think you mean that the addition of 17-24 is not possible, or did you find that even switching 1-8/9-16 is not possible?

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 09:00:14 am »
1-8/9-16  is not possible :(
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines