March 29, 2024, 12:32:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 'Activation Code already used' issue - shocked at poor level of support.  (Read 17477 times)

Purity Studios

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Case No: 104832

Just bought an Analogue Factory Experience from an ebay vendor - sold as brand new unregistered.  I was looking forward to getting it up and running as quickly as possible as you do when you buy a new piece if kit.

I followed the registration process and completed it on my laptop - got the activation code and then went to my studio machine which isn't normally connected to the internet. Temporarily connected it, installed the factory software and tried to download the license after putting in the authorisation code provided into elicenser only to get the message 'Activation Code already used'.

Had a quick look on the forum and realised that I might need a more recent version of the elicenser. Download and installed it. Same result.

I emailed technical support and informed them what had happened. At first I though it may have been caused by my downloading the authorisation code using my laptop i.e. that it might be computer specific, but have not found anything relating to this on the Knowledge base or forum.

Trawled around the forum today and was shocked and pretty appalled to see that this is a common problem that hundred of users have experienced - but could I find anything which offered a solution - NO. It also seems that many people have been waiting weeks if not months for technical support to get back to them - if at all.  I naively thought that I would be getting a reply within a day or so.

One of the posts I looked at had 269 views - so at that point there had been 269 other people with the same problem as me trawling around the forum in desperation.

Arturia - you really need to get your act together.

This level of support has to rate as the poorest I have ever encountered, If what I’ve seen on the forum is anything to go by. If you can’t manage to provide prompt technical support for your product, you should take them off the market . Surely with a problem as common as this you should at least offer some online advice / fixes. Can’t be rocket science?

So here I am - disappointed, frustrated - and already to regret the day that I ever purchased it. What’s even worse - the vendor I bought it ff knows about the problem - which sort of rules out any chance of returning it as faulty. Sort of says it all, doesn’t it?

Purity Studios

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 'Activation Code already used' issue - poor level of support UPDATE.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:21:37 pm »
Call me an old cynic or whatever, but no sooner had I posted on the forum, technical support set me an email. Hmmm...

Problem is they didn't read my original query very carefully, and misunderstood the sequence of events which I had carefully discribed. I did not download the license onto my laptop - only used the laptop to register and get the authorisation code, at which point everything else i.e. installation of all the software & trying to download the license, was performed on my studio computer which I temporaily hooked up the the internet

Maybe when you download the original authorisation code it is computer specific? If that is the case, they should really make a point of telling you that.

Isn't it appauling, that here I am on this forum, making wild guesses as to the cause of the problem?

Anyway - I'll keep you all posted.

Just read another post made after / above mine. Yet another digruntled customer - different issue, but he's definately not too happy about the level of service either.

My point Arturia - musicians are a social bunch - word speads around like wildfire when people aren't happy with the level of support, especially if there are known issues with some of your products and you' don't appear to be doing very much to resolve them...

Maybe the only way to get your attention is to shame you into doing something. I don't want to be the guy in some of the posts I've read on this forum who have been waiting for weeks for a solution to the same problem, and have had to resort to begging.

I shoudn't have to....

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:30:41 pm by Purity Studios »

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 'Activation Code already used' issue - shocked at poor level of support.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 08:29:49 pm »
I have made a point of posting my complaint on my facebook page which will be seen by 100s of people in the industry. There are already people saying they wont buy from them now, and others who say this level of service is typical and they do not buy because of it.
I was going to buy Origin in the next few weeks but they can keep it now.

Good luck with getting your complaint sorted and whatever you do ...do not lose that small card with the serial number on because even in this technical day and age, without it, you're screwed.

Purity Studios

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:52:52 pm »
Hi Paul,

Yes I read your post and mentioned you in mine as being yet another digruntled customer.

It's piracy protection gone mad to the extent of cutting their own throats with little regard to good will and future sales.

My problem is a result of the same paranoia - using convoluted e licensing and dongles etc. There's got to be a simpler more steamlined method of doing all this - which works all of the time, not just some of it, and in your case, is not reliant on finding a card, which I probably would have mislaid too.

From your post it seems that a little discretion on their behalf would have gone a long way. It's really just common sense.

Good luck.

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:13:49 pm »
Both users cases have been processed.
ex-Arturian

globbe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Same issue here. Just unpacked, registered, tried to activate and got the dreaded 'activation code has been used already' message. Was really looking forward to a whole night of exploration with this new instrument but this looks like a dead end.

Arturia, please support as soon as possible, I want to believe in you guys and order my Spark too asap!

Support ticket filed, no. 105768.

Update 1:
Arturia got back to me within hours (kudos) saying that they had fixed the issue and I should re-register to get a new code. However, the new code gives me the same error message.

Will continue to update as the story unfolds.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:25:57 pm by globbe »

mylo6956

yay.
this just happened to me as well.
I dont suppose anyone here can give me a solution can they?
so much for the weekend sound design project

globbe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Nope no solution in sight yet. Since its weekend now I suspect we won't hear back from Arturia until Monday. My plan was to go down to guitar center and pick up a Spark as well, then spend the weekend going nuts with them.

Too afraid to buy another Arturia product before I get this sorted out...

mylo6956

heres the weird thing,.....I can get the demo to work,it uses the same type of elicenser process as the registered version,and it worked flawlessly. wtf?

globbe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, what OS and Hardware are you on?
I'm on an iMac running 10.7.3. w. 12Gb ram and a 3.4GHz i7.

I haven't installed the demo since I was afraid it would mess up the process even more if I had tied a demo license to the machine before trying to get the real license to work...

paullawler and Purity Studios > Guys, how did  you resolve this issue? The post below only says that your issues have been 'processed'. If you could provide some insight or hope that would be much appreciated...

I really wish Arturia would provide support on the weekends as well... Can only hope that they resolve this fast on Monday.

globbe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Tuesday morning in France and still no word from Arturia...
Ticket numbers are: 105902 and 105768.

Please guys? :'(

Antoine

Replied this very morning.
ex-Arturian

globbe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Indeed! Everything works just great now!
Thank you Antoine for your support.

All is forgiven, this setup rocks! ;D

(Sorry for nagging so about this but I was running behind on a project and nothing is more frustrating than getting stuck in software like this.)

dustinsparks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 02:16:46 am »
Please help me out. I have the same problem as well... just bought the Arturia 49 Analog Experience The Laboratory, installed it, downloaded the latest eLicenser, and it says the authorization code has already been used... Please help. This is extremely frustrating.

dustinsparks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 02:18:00 am »
i requested a new code also. My tracking code is 148393_muildhtj9c5ac0ah

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines