March 28, 2024, 10:18:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Systematic crash at launch  (Read 3378 times)

pbardet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Systematic crash at launch
« on: December 28, 2011, 03:33:49 pm »
Hi,

Since yesterday, I can't start Analog Laboratory (1.3.1) anymore. It keeps crashing. When I look at the report, it seems to be crashing while "activating" CS-80V plugin (I also own the V-Collection 2). I tried to reinstall the latest AL update as well as the CS-80, but it didn't change anything.

My next step will be to uninstall everything and reinstall, but if there is a better solution available, I'd prefer not to have to do this painful process.

If it helps I can post the full log later today.

pbardet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Systematic crash at launch
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:43:49 pm »
I forgot to say that I'm using OSX 10.6.8

pulsedemon

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:11:56 pm »
I'm having the same exact problems. Just got the V2/Laboratory package this week and I've been going back and forth reinstalling/uninstalling. Its driving me nuts. I really hope this gets fixed SOON.

0815Master

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »
Deactivate "Enable Full Plug-In..." in the Preferences...  :'(

It crashes because the ARP Plugin...  >:(

I really hope this gets fixed SOON, too.

kumasynthtones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:26:23 am »
I am having the same problem.  As of 1/8/2011, I am unable to open the stand alone Analog Laboratory. I am currently running mac os x 10.7.2 and the processor is intel i5. I get the splash screen for a few seconds and then it just quits.  I recently updated all of the plugins (I have the v collection), and that's when I believe the problem started.

The analog Laboratory opens in Logic Pro. However, upon opening the plugin, I get a very loud squealing sound, and its on full volume! seriously, it is loud enough to hurt someones hearing, I have to switch from the scene screen to sound screen in a hurry to stop that sound, then I am able to use the plugin.  Annoying....

I deactivated the ability to open all of the plugins by opening Analog Laboratory (AU) in Logic Pro 9.1.6, and now the stand alone version opens fine.  I noticed on the forums, some people are having the same problem.  Is there going to be a fix? 

josephlevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 03:13:10 pm »
My crashes are stemming from the Prophet VS and V modules (2.5). I can't get AL 1.3.1 to not crash unless I turn off Prophet VS. Prophet V will let me start, but, will crash if I choose one of the Prophet V patches. All AL Prophet patches seem to work fine with the full versions turned off.
MacPro 2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon  26 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.7.2
MOTU Digital Performer 7.24, Plogue Bidule .9716,
Arturia CS-80V2.5.0, ARP2600 V2.5.0, Prophet-V2.5, Jupiter-8V2.0.2, Moog Modular V 2.6, Analog Laboratory 1.3.1

Antoine

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:39 pm »
There is a problem with the latest synth updates that may lead to a crash on Mac systems, when Laboratory is programmed to allow for full plug-in editing.

We plan to release 2.x.1 versions of all of them in a couple of weeks to solve this issue (we have some other little problems to fix; so this can't go much faster).

In the meantime, suppressing the Laboratory preferences file should go back to the situation where usage of full synth is not allowed, but with no crash:
 <Mac>/Library/Arturia/Analog Laboratory/plugin.prefs

Full plug-in editing can be safely added for ARP2600V 2.5, Jupiter-8V2 and *a single* one of the others.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience caused.
ex-Arturian

sevenorchids

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 05:20:56 am »
Any word on a fix?  It's been a month...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines