March 28, 2024, 10:34:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Still lots of problems with 1.1 Update.  (Read 2554 times)

JR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Still lots of problems with 1.1 Update.
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:57 pm »
Hi,

I'm still having loads of bugs and problems with the Oberheim plug after the update.

I've been using it on a project I'm working on and have tried to use it in several studios  and each time has resulted in catastrophic crashes.

I love the sound of Arturia products and really do sing the praises of that sound to anyone who will listen but I can't help but worry that this is a bad ad for Arturia - I'm not allowed to use them at one place after an Oberheim crash nearly blew out the studio speakers.

I don't think I've got through a single session using the Oberheim where it hasn't gone nuts at least twice.

I feel slightly bad being critical on here as I am a big fan, and I know there's always going to be some crash risk with plugins, but I'm just not sure how the Oberheim can be available for purchase with so many bugs - I've never had any problem with any other plugins to this extent. Please Arturia, can you fix with an update? Because I'd love to use it on some things!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Still lots of problems with 1.1 Update.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 09:59:32 am »
Hi JR,
I am very sad reading your post.
We will do our best to solve these problems.
Can you give me some details?
What are the setup (OS, DAW ...)?
Do you have some step to reproduce?

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

JR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:33:29 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Don't be sad - it's a great product that seems to be 95% there. It really does sound great when it works. I do think these plugins are outstanding but I've noticed an undercurrent of people that I meet moaning about reliability and I think if you could nail that it'd be great  and probably good for business.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.8 running Pro Tools 9, but I did try it out on two different Macs, an HD rig and something else - I can't remember as they were on other computers. Oh, also in Logic.

I was getting stuck notes (I really noticed that when using arps) - needing to reactivate and deactivate the plugin to stop it. Loud explosive crashes where the plugin made mad noises (some of them quite good). Worst was running two instances in the same session, both would crash and the settings would vanish after I had deactivated and reactivated them. I think that's as specific as I can be as the behaviour was erratic. It's also caused Pro Tools to crash a lot.

Hope that info helps.

Stevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:51:35 pm »
The update is a complete farce. You can hardly use the plug in. It is worse than version 1. I can't even open a session now because of the plug in. So frustrating. I've reinstalled several times. This plug shouldn't even be released yet. Still needs a lot of work

Love the sound of it but it is so glitchy. I've got a 5 o clock deadline on  project and now I have to redo the whole thing because I can't open the session.

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:54:10 pm »
If you reinstall the 1.0 is it still crashing?
Are you on Windows or Mac OS?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Stevie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »
yes. Standalone works...but the AU in logic doesn't work

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 04:07:53 pm »
Both 1.0 and 1.1 are crashing when loading your Logic session?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines