March 28, 2024, 05:51:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mapping the Spark Vintage to a Korg padKontrol.  (Read 5172 times)

Futureline

• Apprentice
Mapping the Spark Vintage to a Korg padKontrol.
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:40:10 am »
Hi, I'm new to the Spark, but are planning on buying the plugin now on monday.
I'm getting a Korg padKontrol too, and I wondered if it is possible to map the fx live pad-window to the X-Y touchpad on the korg?

Korg padKontrol

I'm using the plugin on FL Studio 10, windows 7,  64bit.

PC with Windows 10 - 64bit., 16gb RAM, IntelCore i7 3770 CPU  3,40ghz.
FL Studio  20 Studio Edition
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

Futureline

• Apprentice
Re: Mapping the Spark Vintage to a Korg padKontrol.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:37:27 am »
Ok, I'm thinking of another option too, and that is to get the AKAI MPD32 instead of the Korg padKontrol,- but the question strips down to basically these issues

Keep in mind,- I am a newbie using a controller, so my midi-knowledge isn't that sharp, so there may be some amateurish questions here..   ;)

Is it possible (in a future update) to make more of the controls on the Spark able to learn midimapping?

The controls I'm thinking of are:
The 16 minipads on the sequencer
The stop, play, and tap-buttons.
The tempo-knob and the 6 adjustment-knobs under the display.
The Select, mute and solo-button.
The song-button and the jog-wheel.
Or is it that these buttons and wheels automaticly corresponds with the similar controls on my Controller?
Are they not possible to use with midi-commands?

I have ofcourse not bought such a controller yet, the testing has been done on my keyboard-controller Novation Nocturne 49, which usually works ok with AUTOMAP and usb-midi, but has its bad sides that doesn't work well for me on a plugins such as the Spark.

Any other tips on how to get full control of the plugin via another hardware than the Spark itself are well appreciated   :)  (sorry guys, it's too expencive for me at the moment)

Sorry, I may have posted this in the wrong forum,- can the moderator please move the thread to the right forum?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:48:50 am by Futureline »
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:56:48 pm »
Ok.
I have now bought the Akai mpd32 pad-controller, and I'm getting there with the mapping,- but I have one question regarding SPARK VDM:

Is there a way to record a song created just recording the programmed song?

When I record from the Spark vdm in FL Studio, it only records my live tapping on the pads (no difference if its on the controller or with the mouse on the plugin), so if I want to record a allready programmed song from the Spark, it won't record nothing.

Any idea where I have gone wrong in the midi-jungle?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:03:26 pm by Futureline »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:34:17 am »
Hi,
what do you mean by recording the programmed song?
Do you want to record it into an audio or a MIDI file?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 12:36:58 pm »
Hi.
I'm thinkin of recording the midi-file of a song made in song-mode,- so when I play it back in the FL sequencer, it plays back the exact number of patterns I played off in recording mode (of the FL sequencer).

Example,- if I want to record a longer ambient kind of track, I may want to start recording a beat/pattern or a hole song,- but stop it midways in the song,- but haven't been able to record that sort of action...is this at all possible?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 12:57:03 pm »
Unfortunately, this is not possible (for the moment) with the song mode.
I recommend you to use the MIDI export method and create the song in FL directly.
For MIDI drag'n'drop, see this screencast. It is made for Cubase but the principle is the same for FL.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 01:27:48 pm »
Ok, thank you. :-)

I'll take a look at it more later on, I didn't get it to work straight away, but I guess that's just my bad workflow.  ;-)

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:24 pm »
I thought I'd take one more question regarding midi here, since I allready have a thread:

When dragging midi-files to the piano-roll i FL Studio, the notes of the midifiles lays on (pad 1) from C5, and I have to move it do ocaves down to get it to sound in FL Studio.
It is confirmed in the FL-support, but why does it do that, is it something I have done wrong in the mapping or what?
Even exportet midi-file lays on the wrong octave.

When I play the patterns og pads off in FL, it always hits the note C3 on pad 1, not C5 as the midifile pastes in to.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines