March 28, 2024, 11:37:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Updater Stuck at 0%  (Read 3009 times)

pedzola

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark Updater Stuck at 0%
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:17:13 pm »
So I just got my new spark, and can't use it...

When I start the software it asks to update the spark controller, and when I press yes it just gets stuck at 0% and won't update.

The LCD on the spark says "Spark Updater."

Any help????

Was so excited to get this and now it doesn't even work...

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark Updater Stuck at 0%
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:37:03 am »
Hi pedzola,
did you contact the support service?
If yes, please give me your ticket number, if not please go to your account page and click on the "New Technical Support Request" in the "My Technical Support".
We will fond a solution to your problem.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

pedzola

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:36:54 pm »
Hi Kevin, my support request is number 106107.

But, I already solved the problem.  Using the spark midi control center to update the spark hardware worked, after I found the correct spu (I think?) file.

I did encounter some other problems -

1) On the studio computer (Win XP), I used spark for the first time as a VST in Ableton Live 7, but was unable to change programs or kits.   After an hour of frustration, I found that I simply had to open the standalone mode once, then re-start ableton and the VST worked correctly.

2) On my home computer (Win 7 64), the VST would not be recognized by Ableton Live 8.  After another hour of frustration and messing with security settings, I found that only the 32 bit version of the Spark VST will be recognized in Live 8 by my 64 bit workstation....   Still can't get the 64 bit VST to work.  Had to reinstall spark several times before I got the 32 bit running.

3) On the Win 7 machine, after changing programs several times, the drums stop responding.   In other words, you hit the pads, and the lights light up, but no sounds.  Sometimes hitting the same pad repeatedly will make a sound, but sometimes the entire kits just fail.   Triggering from the software also doesn't work.  Restarting Spark fixes the problem.   (But this seems like a major bug).

4) On the spark controller, sometimes when I hit 1 pad, it triggers the next pad over.  The velocity doesn't seem to matter.  (ie: it's not just "hard" hits, but any hit that could randomly set off the next pad).

So... those are the bugs I've encountered so far in 2 days of playing with Spark....

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:04:05 pm »
Hi pedzola,
see my answers below.

Hi Kevin, my support request is number 106107.

But, I already solved the problem.  Using the spark midi control center to update the spark hardware worked, after I found the correct spu (I think?) file.

Ok, great, you can know the version of the controller in the about panel. Click on the Spark logo in the middle of the screen. The current controller version is 1.1.2.2.

I did encounter some other problems -

1) On the studio computer (Win XP), I used spark for the first time as a VST in Ableton Live 7, but was unable to change programs or kits.   After an hour of frustration, I found that I simply had to open the standalone mode once, then re-start ableton and the VST worked correctly.

That's very strange. This is the very first time someone report this.

2) On my home computer (Win 7 64), the VST would not be recognized by Ableton Live 8.  After another hour of frustration and messing with security settings, I found that only the 32 bit version of the Spark VST will be recognized in Live 8 by my 64 bit workstation....   Still can't get the 64 bit VST to work.  Had to reinstall spark several times before I got the 32 bit running.

Ableton is still 32 bit so that's why the 64 bit VST is not working with it.
I think the problem was that the 64 bit VST overwrite the 32 bit. We will improve the installer to avoid this kind of issue in the future.
Sorry for the inconvenience :(

3) On the Win 7 machine, after changing programs several times, the drums stop responding.   In other words, you hit the pads, and the lights light up, but no sounds.  Sometimes hitting the same pad repeatedly will make a sound, but sometimes the entire kits just fail.   Triggering from the software also doesn't work.  Restarting Spark fixes the problem.   (But this seems like a major bug).

I agree this is a major bug. Does this happens on VST, standalone, both?

4) On the spark controller, sometimes when I hit 1 pad, it triggers the next pad over.  The velocity doesn't seem to matter.  (ie: it's not just "hard" hits, but any hit that could randomly set off the next pad).

This may due to a hardware problem. You can contact the technical support and they will tell you what to do.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

emetic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:30:36 pm »
I can confirm spark crashes after opening many projects (def in standalone, not sure about vst). And as this is the first thing most users will do when they get the porduct, to test out the sounds, it's not a good first impression....

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:01 pm »
I totally agree with you but I can also tell you this is something that has been tested before the release :).
So there might be something in your setup or your workflow that we missed.
If you can give me some hint about how to reproduce this issue, it may help us.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

emetic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »
Thanks for speedy response again Kevin. I am using Spark controller in standalone and all I do is open a project, test the sounds, open the next project etc and the app crashes with the symptoms described by Pedzola after about 15-20 kits. I guess it could be a memory/cache thing??

W7 x64
3.6ghz dual xeon, 4gb ram
Lexicon i-onix u42s audio interface

dijidave

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:07:53 am »
I have found that loading the Deep South project from the Urban Ear Candy 2 expansion pack seems to disable the audio from Spark. The meters will be acting  as if audio is being output but no sound comes out. Then after changing to any another project produces no sound & the only way to get sound back is to close & reopen Spark after loading any other project. I tried re-downloading UEC2 & reinstalling but bug remains. (this is in Standalone mode, I haven't tried in a VST host.)
                      regards,
                            Dave

pedzola

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 11:51:22 pm »
Standalone here also for the multiple project changes causing dropped sounds...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines