March 19, 2024, 07:29:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU-load  (Read 25987 times)

brother303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CPU-load
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:16 pm »
Hi Kevin,

any news here?

I started this thread on the cpu-issue on 20 of march and nothing happened during the last 4 month. No update in sight, no fix, no idea, nothing...

Itīs very dissapointing and it seems that it would be best to sell this fancy looking piece of electronic junk.

Maybe others have more luck with Spark, maybe itīs a product only made for Mac...

:-\

Cheers Greg

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:33 am »
Hi,
no solution found does not mean that we did not do anything.
Unfortunately we are not able to figure out what is the common point between your setups.
The fact that is a Widows only problem does not mean that it is the case for all Windows user.
We sent the 1.5 beta to Jackenite ad Patrick Dee, 2 users who proposed to help us. No good news for the moment :(
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Jackenite

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 09:29:44 am »
The beta update I received did alleviate some CPU  load stress. In 32 bit, CPU load peaks at about 30-45% in a blank Ableton project with spark vst as only vst and or instrument. 64bit vst in 64 bit Ableton 8.4 beta runs excellent 19-30%. This is much better, and works without dropouts mostly in 32 AND 64 bit (boh under quadcore amd). Some of the new features are quirky, but I see there is a new beta addressing these issues further.
Dr. MySTERIUM / Dubstep Radio 88.3
check my glitch on Soundcloud

Quad Core AMD Laptop 8 gb RAM win7
Motu Ultralite Hybrid MK3 interface
iconnect midi interface
Ableton, FL 10, Spark, Deckadance
KP3 fx, SH32 synth, Dr 202, AN200
Nocturn / Mini 32 Key/ Stanton Scs.3d
Roland DS-5's / Sony V5

itaymesh

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »
Hi.
I just bought Spark board and upgraded it to 1.4.1.
Once I load it as VST on Cubase I get the ASIO meter up to 20-30% (before even palying anything) while PC CPU utilization is low.
I'm using a PC with win7 64bit pro,, i7-3770 3.4-3.9GHzx4Quad 8MB Cache, 8GBx2 DDR 1600MHz RAM, Intel H77 Board. Cubase 6.5 - tried it on both 32bit and 64 bit versions. Sample rate 256 or 512. RME babyface (usb) sound card

Itaymesh
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:20:59 pm by itaymesh »

ARVEN

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 11:09:24 am »
hello!

I have just acquired the spark today and BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

it does not turn on my laptop: Sony VGN-SR19, core2duo at 2.26 with 4g ram windows 7/64bits.

43% charge in vacuum (!) And up to 147% (!!!!) When I press play.
I tried with 2 different sound cards (edirol FA101 & alesis io2 and at different sampling frequencies, with a powered usb hub (just in case): no difference ...

Crunches, slowdowns ... machine / soft UNUSABLE!

Is it necessary to specify that turns my pc without any worries Reason / fruity or live with many plug-in without flinching?

By cons I plugged the mac to my girlfriend and there ok.

There is a problem in the code, you need to make a patch.

(This is a google translation, sorry for eventual mistakes)

ARVEN

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 11:36:55 am »
Yop,

I just complete my previous post, so I managed to run Spark, without consuming excessive resources.

I was sure the problem was not my hardware, so I decided to downgrade my pc seven/64 in Xp (aka sleepless night) and there MIRACLE! : Everything worked fine, Spark vacuum around 10% of resources, no ralitenssement during the game, use 40% max ...

Unfortunately impossible to remain under xp (should not be messing around)
I upgraded to Seven/32 I have therefore lost 1Giga ram my system can not handle but spark works perfectly. Mystery: CONSUME 1,5* MORE RESOURCES THAT UNDER XP.

I keep this config and will keep you in the event of new problems.

Devs, for me the problem is with the Windows 7 platform. I hope it will guide your research to create a PATCH.

sorry for eventual mistakes, this is a google translation.

Kevin

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »
Hi ARVEN,
thx for this information. This is very interesting.
I will contact you in PM (in french :)) to discuss it a little bit more with you.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

tomELLIS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 01:10:43 pm »
Hello again,

After extensive messing about with different setups, i've found that version 1.1.3.1 is the most reliable for me, providing i don't touch the top screen whatsoever, and without installing any of your drivers for the unit, just using the generic usb audio device driver.

This is the case with both vista and xp.

When i say 'most reliable', i still have to use the machine for sampling purposes only, and keep it to no more than 8 channels, and no effects! Saving anything, or trying to automate anything is just too risky.

Reading that the beta version of 1.5 has 'quirky features' worries me a little...

PLEASE strip it down and keep it simple! It would be a strong enough product without all the fancy stuff, if it was stable. Seriously.

x

nrosa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2012, 02:59:34 pm »
Hi there,

i have the same problem!!!

working on a iMac, 2.7GHZ intel Core i5, 12GB memory with Logic 9.1.7.

Every time i put Spark on a session the memory just goes high like crazy! Even when nothing is happening!

I have the V Collection 3 and this memory problem only happens with Spark VDM.

Waiting for an upgrade!!!...

thanks

tomELLIS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 03:12:22 pm »
kind of frustrating to see you asking your facebook followers what synths they want to see from you next.

how about making this 400 quid paperweight useful first!?

xtinct

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2012, 06:29:36 am »
Hi, I am using VDM on a laptop running windows Vista with a 2.2ghz Intel centrino duo processor and 4g of ram.
I am having CPU load issues when running the software, particularly on the analog modeling kits. Is there any sort of a beta for VDM that attempted to address these CPU load issues for windows OS users? Thanks

Kevin

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 11:29:29 am »
Hi guys,
for those who are interested.
We are looking for volunteers to help us solving this problem.
More information here.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines