March 19, 2024, 03:53:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark CDM - Spark VDM?  (Read 2840 times)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Spark CDM - Spark VDM?
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:11:04 pm »
Is Spark VDM a part of the Spark CDM and therefore already included, or is it a kind of extension?

Blue Monster 65

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark CDM - Spark VDM?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:20:07 pm »
All the kits in VDM are in CDM - I wondered about that, too 'til I found them.  I think the biggest difference is the controller (?), but I'm not completely sure.   

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:22:33 pm »
Yes, Spark VDM is part of Spark CDM.

The additional VDM drum machines models and skin were included in the Spark 1.4.1 update.
Spark VDM includes 30 drum machines (analog modeled and sampled), Spark CDM 1.4.1 includes 80 drum machines and kits (using analog modeling, sampling and physical modeling).

Other than the hardware controller, the other important difference is that Spark CDM also allows you to import you own samples (up to 6 velocity layers per instrument) to combine with the Spark instruments.
Spark VDM can only be expanded by Arturia.

George Ware

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:24:10 pm »
Other than the hardware controller, the other important difference is that Spark CDM also allows you to import you own samples (up to 6 velocity layers per instrument) to combine with the Spark instruments.
Spark VDM can only be expanded by Arturia..

Darn it!
Why don't Arturia offer Spark VDM users a Spark VDM Pro version upgrade with these added features?
I bought NI Battery 3 because Spark lacked these features. I don't need the hardware for Spark, I wanted the sounds.

George Ware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines