I had an eLicense problem while loading The Laboratory in one of my Live Sets.
The Laboratory wasn't able to load the external Prophet V plugin (No license was found) while I was loading the plugin into an existing Live Set and I had to close the Set.
The real problem (as far as I can see) was the Spark VDM Demo License which was expired. I removed the eLicense for that application and added another eLicense (Arturia Extended Demo - 60 Day Trial)to my Soft-eLicenser. After trying to restore the Live Set again, a message appiered, telling that the eLicense for the Wurlitzer V has only 50 starts left (It's the Beta Test License). But the Wurlitzer V was loading proper in my Live Set unlike the Oberheim SEM V that was also part of the Live Set. There was no message, telling that there is an issue with the Oberheim SEM V eLicense (stored on the USB-eLicenser). I was not able to reload this plugin into the Live Set and the Standalone Version of Laboratory was also not able to start. There where some problems with the license. I opened the eLicenser Control Center to use the maintain function and clear out the issues. Everything seemed to be okay and so I checked the license usage periods for all eLicenses. The process was stoped at around 30% and was not finished. (This could have something to do with two expired eLicenses I was not able to remove from my Soft-eLicenser. 1. Cubase LE 4 Trial; 2. mp3 encoder <- I don't know where this license belongs to) I wasn't able to close the eLicenser Control Center and therefore I inadvertently killed the SYNSOPOS.exe instead of the eLCC.exe. I ended the eLCC.exe too after seening that the application is still running. (task-manager)
Now, because of stoping the SYNSOPOS.exe process the eLicenser Control Center was no longer capturing any eLicensers (The application was not starting correct -> eLicensers are captured<- but nothing was happening) and I couldn't start any application protected by eLicenses. I uninstalled the eLicenser and re-installed it new, but this wasn't helping. Still the same issue. So I uninstalled it a second time, deleting all files "user-defined" and On top of that I deleted all folders and files related to Syncrosoft and the Steinberg eLicenser, as well as the *.PREFS files for the Laboratory.
I uninstalled the USB-eLicenser driver (device-manager) and istalled the eLicenser new after cleaning my registry with TuneUp Utilities 1-Click-Maintance.
After plugin in my USB-eLicenser again and installing the driver new, the eLicenser Control Center was openning correct and showing up all my eLicenses stored on the USB-eLicenser dongle, but the Soft-eLicenser that where installed to my hard-drive was no longer shown. I guess I've deleted it by deleting the Syncrosoft folder (Application Data). Unfortunately there was another eLicense I wasn't able to move to the dongle stored on it. It was a Sequel 2 LE eLicense that is now lost.
Finally I have no Soft-eLicenser anymore and I don't know how to get my lost eLicenses back!
Lost eLicenses that where store on the Soft-eLicenser:
Arturia Extended Demo 60 Day Trial
Sequel 2 LE (not moveable)
Cubase LE 4 Trial (expired, not re-/moveable)
mp3 Encoder (expired, not re-/moveable)
The Wurlitzer V Demo eLicense was shown as "only 49 starts left" but now it's again shown like it was all the time (expires 06.10.2012).
The Spark VDM Demo eLicense was shown as "exires 08.05.2012" but it was running till yesterday. One week longer, I was wondering about this before, when I was starting the period of use.... It was indicated as 21 days instead of 14 days.