March 28, 2024, 10:22:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SPARK CONTROLLER STANDALONE USE ?  (Read 4232 times)

HUROLURA

SPARK CONTROLLER STANDALONE USE ?
« on: May 26, 2012, 02:41:16 pm »
Is it possible to use the SPARK CONTROLLER as a standalone MIDI controller without any connexion to any PC/MAC host ?

If so, is there any memory to store assignment done with the MIDI control center software ? Just one or several ?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: SPARK CONTROLLER STANDALONE USE ?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »
The Spark controller is USB/MIDI interface and a MIDI controller, that acts like one when connected to any other MIDI receiving equipment, be it a computer, a synth, drumbox, iPad or any other MIDI instrument.

To toggle between its native Spark mode and its Generic MIDI controller mode (the one you can customize through the Control Center software), simply press simultaneously the three FX buttons, near the FX pad: Filter, Slicer and Roller.

The Spark controller doesn't generate sound by itself (It's just a controller!) and doesn't have user usable memory (just the flash one that holds its firmware).

HUROLURA

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »
To make it clear, I am thinking about using the Spark Controller as a replacement for my Akai MPD32 Midi controller, but I was wondering if it was possible to have similar beahviour: MIDI controller to drive hardware drum devices like clavia nord drum, waldorf rack attack or ... something else.

I still wonder if it is possible to run Spark controller in standalone MIDI mode with NO computer. I understand there is no template memory available inside the controller but maybe there is a default template that I could use with hardware instrument provided they allow MIDI CC learn on the hardware instrument itself for example.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 05:35:54 pm »
There's only one "template" or MIDI CC customized setting that the controller can hold at any one time when in Generic MIDI controller mode, so yes, I think it's possible to then MIDI learn in the controlled devices and use that as a standalone setup. Just be sure to check what are the default knob modes (absolute/relative) in Spark's generic mode, so that's compatible with your target devices.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:43:25 am by Koshdukai »

HUROLURA

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »
Thanks  :)

HUROLURA

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 11:32:38 pm »
Anybody knowing where to find this standalone default midi mapping ? I can't find it in the manual.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 02:45:55 am »
Please read my early post where I explain how to toggle the modes by pressing the 3 FX buttons.

You'll also may want to customize that Generic mode through Spark MIDI Control Center

HUROLURA

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 09:34:42 am »
So you can edit and store one template with the control software then store it inside the hardware ?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 09:20:34 am »
Yep,
but you can only store one template at a time.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

HUROLURA

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:21:05 am »
Great, I can cope with such a "limitation"...  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines