thanks for your quick response!
To 1: With presets I mean the rhythm creating events shown in the pattern panel. The factory setting contain a rhythm pattern that are available in the stand alone mode, but not in the VST mode within Cubase.
1. Start Controller & Spark Application
2. Choose project
3. Select pattern (e.g. Berlin Electro->A1)
4. Play and modify trigger points in pattern panel
Workflow as Host in Cubase:
1. Start Cubase
2. Choose Spark as VST Instrument and assign to midi track in Cubase sequencer (here the connection to controller often fails)
3. The sounds that I expect when playing e.g. Berlin Electro-> A1 are not the equal to the ones in standalone. I cannot reproduce the sound and pattern in VST mode.
4. When hitting a sound via the pad it appears weak or at least not so loud as expected from the moderate mixer setting in cubase compared to other instruments.
5. I read about the option to copy paste the pattern directly into a midi track. How does that work?
6. My expectation is that the same patterns are availbale in VST mode as in standalone mode.
To 2.: No, it is a problem that only appears initially after loading the application.
To3.: I use a Novation ASIO USB driver with 5ms Buffer length, Sample rate 48000 with 24 bit. As Midi Out I chose in the Spark Midi setting "Spark Controller". As output routing option in the midi track in cubase I can choose between "Spark Midi 1", "Spark Controller" and "MIDIOUT (Spark Controller)".
To 4: I use Windows 7
Looking forward to your response!