March 19, 2024, 09:11:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 2  (Read 8660 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Origin Firmware 1.4 Pre Release 2
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »

3. You cannot DELETE a multi preset completely. I made a multi preset "TEST" to check some things and when I tried to delete it, this "TEST" name was still there. Also, there was program #0 in the slot 1, so it was not empty. Also those earlier "- EMPTY -" presets were like that (program #0 in first slot). If I remember right, those empty multis were really empty in v1.3? In other words, all the slots were empty. For me this is an important feature, there are cases when I want Origin to be silent and it's usefull to have really empty multis.

This "empty multi" which is not really empty is present in the firmware since the beginning (ie 1.0). So it was also the case with the 1.3.50 firmware.

I went back to 1.3 and I noticed that deleting works like that in 1.3 too, so I remembered wrong. But still this minor bug was there in 1.4: deleting multi does not delete its name! This should be corrected too.

I am glad to hear that we'll have a new version soon.

As said earlier, my first update try went badly in mac. Update process got stuck (and lost a connection) and also crashed Origin connection app. Gladly I have pc too, but this is not the case with everybody...

Philippe

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 09:03:28 am »
You mean that OC Mac still crashes *after* the update of Origin under Windows?

Yep.

Both the old 1.3.5 one and the new 1.4 one crash on osx for me.

Maybe I have a midi device connected it doesn't like. Looks like a null pointer exception os some type, maybe a string from one of the midi devices?

I've included in the pre-release 3 firmware an updated Mac version of Origin Connection. I found some part of the code which may lead to crashes and did a fix. If you could please check this new Origin Connection on your configuration it would greatly help me.

Thanks.
Origin Lead  Developer

BobTheDog

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 09:05:40 am »
What happens when Origin is not connected to a midi port (both serial and USB)?

Same crash.

BobTheDog

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 09:06:11 am »
You mean that OC Mac still crashes *after* the update of Origin under Windows?

Yep.

Both the old 1.3.5 one and the new 1.4 one crash on osx for me.

Maybe I have a midi device connected it doesn't like. Looks like a null pointer exception os some type, maybe a string from one of the midi devices?

I've included in the pre-release 3 firmware an updated Mac version of Origin Connection. I found some part of the code which may lead to crashes and did a fix. If you could please check this new Origin Connection on your configuration it would greatly help me.

Thanks.

Ok will do.........

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines