March 19, 2024, 11:27:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Depeche Mode sound bank  (Read 3724 times)

CV-Gate

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Depeche Mode sound bank
« on: March 17, 2012, 11:24:31 am »
Thanks Arturia for this new sound bank but... Is it me or the sounds are not even similar? Even the demo sequences are not the same notes...

Not trying to sound rude or pretentious but next time, if you wish to contact me for a new sound bank, I think I'll do it much better.

simchris

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Depeche Mode sound bank
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:01:25 pm »
One comment there as somebody who used to play in same clubs as Depeche in LA in the 80s... note that often the sound will vary based on the FX applied to it, which has nothing to do with original instrument. Many of the "lush" analogs of the day had a bucket brigade chorus with slow speed on a mono signal. MiniMg must have a delay to get many of its best known sounds.

Many of the "similar" sounds being created for the Origin have been a little off, but considering they don't have access to the "chain" of devices used to actually create many classic sounds heard on albums, it's a neato job so far.

Obviously if you can do better, please post them in the forum in appropriate place to show us what you can do!!

Finally, it should be self evident that the notes will be different in many demos for copyright purposes. Using snippets of commercial music for marketing purposes, may violate copyright in multiple countries, hence many companies use "similar" notes to make demos, not just play back a song owned by a music publisher/author.

:-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines